GitHub is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to help grow our testing efforts by contributing towards a growing number of product offerings. This person will work closely with Product, Development and Design at all stages of the product lifecycle as an advocate for standard methodologies that aid in delivering high quality products while being cognizant of the importance of time-to-market.
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when your work reflects these values.
- Collaborate across teams to build a comprehensive test strategy with an automated approach for new features as well as to maintain existing regression test suites
- Build automation frameworks that can easily be adopted by Development and QE
- Attend project meetings and contribute by reporting on test automation development progress, blockers, bugs and risks
- Review code changes as they are made to become familiar with the implementation in order to have a focused testing approach
- Help Development when debugging issues by providing as much detailed information as possible (i.e. reproducing via different builds, logs, screenshots, videos, etc.) in addition to ruling out environment related problems
- Maintain the issue backlog and work with Development and Product to prioritize and include fixes within subsequent releases
- Connect with Site Quality Engineers and Support Engineers to understand existing production issues and modify testing strategies to incorporate cases to prevent reoccurring production issues
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for more junior QE
- Minimum of 5 years experience in automating and testing consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment
- You are an authority on automation testing practices with the ability to demonstrate when to apply manual vs automation and how to yield positive engineering engagement
- Passionate about testing and debugging software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team
- Familiar with Git and/or GitHub
- Ruby on Rails development experience
- Performance Testing experience
GitHub is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of color and other groups currently underrepresented in tech. We are looking for candidates who:
Display a strong commitment to building an inclusive tech environment
Have demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness both in and outside of the workplace
Can bring a new perspective based on unique educational, professional, and lived experiences
Can effectively communicate with people from disparate backgrounds
Have experience mentoring/coaching/teaching, particularly in environments with diverse students/participants
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter