Are you ready to build great mobile and web-based applications and lead global teams with some of the brightest thought leaders, designers and technologists?
As a Sr. QA Automation Engineer, you are capable of working on a variety of development projects regardless of type and level of complexity. Whether you are on a project with no test framework or one with thousands of test cases already in place, you can provide complete and effective test strategies for the team. You are like a hunter, looking for ways to stress and test a system. By using your unique perspective, you break the code to forge a better product.
Great QA Engineers pinpoint gaps in test coverage and develop plans to fill those gaps. You are able to take what is available and build upon it to help improve the team’s testing effort. You have an understanding of the importance and complexity of test automation and can build efficient solutions, decreasing overall maintenance costs. You know which of the many different types of testing to apply during different phases of the lifecycle of an application. In addition to providing feedback on current test processes, you are capable of performing any necessary testing – manual or otherwise. Your ultimate goal is always instilling confidence in the stability of an application for both your team and your customers. Whether you’re consulting across multiple projects and teams or rolling up your sleeves to dig into just one, your flexibility makes all the difference.
If you have at least 4-8 years of experience working in QA, designing and implementing automation frameworks, we have a place for you.
This contract role may be performed from a remote location and requires a level of effort estimated at 40 hours per week.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
* Designing test plans and processes for new products
* Mobile, mobile web and desktop web-based applications
* Automated functional testing with Selenium Webdriver, Watir, Capybara or similar systems
* TDD or BDD practices and their associated frameworks like CodeCeption, Jasmine, Mocha, Cucumber. Experience with CodeCeption is Preferred
* Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI or comparable continuous integration systems
* Cross-browser and cross-platform testing with BrowserStack
* Experience with JIRA bug tracking system
* Working in Agile and/or Kanban environments
* Knowledge on how to run testing via Jenkins a major plus
Highly qualified candidates will have:
* Strong performance testing experience
* Concise written and verbal communication skills for documenting bugs and test cases
* Track record of active participation and contributions to the testing community (Stack Overflow, QA/ automation framework forums, Meetup groups, blogging, Twitter)
* Familiarity with database systems, both SQL and NoSQL (For example, MySQL and MongoDB)
* Prior experience with setting up and installing VMs
* Grasp of the command line and scripting languages (like Bash and Powershell)
* Firm understanding of application development
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 100 people in 26 countries in 6 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.