As a Senior Python Engineer, you’ll play an integral part in helping to design, develop, and deliver cutting-edge software solutions that help small businesses thrive. We are looking for mission-driven Engineers who have focused primarily on web-app development using RESTful web services. Working in small, nimble teams, you will design and create powerful new features, collaborate cross-departmentally, and communicate with our customer base to better understand the product vision and goals.
Be a catalyst for growth and build something great with us!
What you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Collaborate with small, cross-disciplinary teams to design, develop, and deliver robust software solutions that will fuel exponential growth for our market. You will pair-program with another team member and deploy to production on your first day!
- Test drive code that powers the number one landing page builder and the leading marketing automation tools. Within your first 30-days on the team, you will be responsible for contributing to and owning features that you will be deploying on a weekly (if not daily) basis.
- Contribute on the backend, API/Integration layer, to build out cutting-edge micro-services that marketers/customers use every day. You will be a part of a small, autonomous team where your contributions will help drive the success of our product.
- Be on the front-lines of tooling, library, and framework research and discussions.
- Lead with tests. Because we have no QA department, your code and features will be driven through Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD). The automated unit and functional tests that you write will help produce resilient code - squashing bugs before they happen.
- Interact with the market and our clients to discover and better understand the problems and opportunities that exist. Our customers are our everything and the driving force behind what we do! Our customer's mission must become your priority.
What you’ve done:
- You are fluent in Python (7+ years) and have experience working in either Falcon, WebApp2, Django, or Flask framework.
- You are well versed in Python testing frameworks, including pytest and pytest-mock. You are able to demonstrate thoughtful approaches to testing and have grappled with testing complex features or interactions that don’t easily lend themselves to automated testing. In addition, you have solid experience working in a Test Driven Development environment and you are accustomed to creating and maintaining unit, integration, and/or performance tests.
- You’ve managed your development work with Scrum or other agile methodologies and can deliver working software iteratively in 1-2 week sprints.
- You can articulate the differences between RESTful API and RPC approaches and know when to employ each.
- You have experience with relational and nonrelational databases (e.g. Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB). You know when to use each and the pros and cons of the various approaches.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You exercise flexibility, patience, and have strong ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving organization.
- You are a self-starter, team player, and have a knack for taking on complex engineering challenges.
Who you are:
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- You are not happy with being the big fish in a small pond. You thrive in an environment where you can learn from others while also being able to mentor, teach and grow as part of a team.
- You know what ‘fast-paced’ really means and you embrace it.
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up.
- You are a continuous learner and are driven by finding eloquent solutions to challenging problems
- You never say “That’s not my job.” Diving in to help your team - fulfilling.
- You are mission driven: Solving complicated problems and helping small businesses grow gets you out of bed each morning.
Who we are:
We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis, MN-based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do.
Leadpages was thrilled to make #148 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list (we were #2 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in both 2015 and 2016. To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook, and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay, benefits, 401k+match, and equity.
- 2 (yes, two) work-from-home days per week.
- Fido-Fridays! Bring your four-legged friend to work with you on Fridays.
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis.
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function In 2016, we were overjoyed to give promotions to 27% of our stellar employees.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun.
- Finally, no politics and no jerks.
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.