You’re a seasoned Developer Product Marketer with a passion for happy users and experience working on developer-facing products. You understand that at the very core of every successful product are happy users. You know how to capture and analyze product metrics, conduct market research, segment users, and write amazing product copy.
You’re analytical and creative. Data-driven and articulate. Collaborative and independent. You work well with cross-functional teams. You work well with and without structure, can spot inefficiencies and gaps in processes and frameworks, see them as opportunities in disguise and work with the right people on the right teams to fill these gaps and get us closer to our goals.
What you’ll do:
While everyone at Stack Overflow contributes to developer happiness, you’ll lead our efforts. Your mission is to understand who our users are, what they need, what they don’t realize they need, how to communicate with them, and to communicate these insights cross-functionally to increase engagement and user happiness.
- Partner with Product to influence the product roadmap, prioritize which new products and features should go to market, analyze customer and market data, and drive measurable user engagement.
- Work with other teams to access the right metrics, understand historical trends and create weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to monitor performance of any and all initiatives and gauge the health of our users.
- Establish domain expertise: Identify key market trends across global regions, know the needs of existing and prospective users across unique segments—how they think and what they want in our products; be knowledgeable on our competition and how to differentiate our offerings. Use this intelligence to develop and maintain core product narrative and positioning for your products.
- Develop and manage the go-to-market playbook for new features and products. Collaborate closely with Product, Developer Marketing, Design, and Data Science to determine effective launch strategy to best drive awareness, engagement, and affinity.
- Define customer needs and insights, and develop targeted messaging and marketing programs aimed at addressing different audience segments.
- Measure, report on, and hold yourself accountable for KPIs for all of your initiatives.
What you’ll need to have:
- At least 5-8 years of marketing experience
- Experience working as the point person of your product for the marketing organization in a leadership role
- Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, UX Research, Design
- Experience in data mining, customer segmentation, and persona development
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects
- Experience communicating with developers and working on developer-facing products is a huge bonus
- 4-year degree or equivalent
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick