Senior Product Managerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ شهر
Headquarters: Calgary, AB
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER - TESERA SYSTEMS INC.
JOIN TESERA AND CREATE WITH US
We require a uniquely talented and self motivated Senior Product Manager to join our team at Tesera! Each day you will lead key products and mentor our team in developing consistent product management processes and procedures. You will connect with clients, gather input and manage releases, features, tasks and requirements. You will push the design and development team to achieve more and bring your own ideas to the table. We strive to become the preferred consulting team for creating data driven applications and integrations in the cloud.
You will support a dynamic team of developers, designers and data scientists while having more time to pursue your passions. We think we can help make your job easy by running an agile management process that our clients love, by working on a modern application stack based on Amazon Web Services, by providing clients with differentiating User Experiences built on modern web-technology, and by adding value to application investments through expert integration and middleware.
You will work remotely, have flexible work hours and help us create meaningful and profitable products. We pride ourselves in learning new technologies and applying that learning to improve the products we create for ourselves and our clients.
Does this sound like the job for you?
WHERE WE NEED YOUR HELP
Our client base and number of projects are growing, and you will be vital to leading and mentoring our other product managers and cementing our processes and procedures. You will help us develop standard project management tools and documents for use by the whole team and share your knowledge and experience with the other managers. You will also be managing products of your own, which typically involves acting as the point of contact for the client, ensuring the clients needs are met along the way, managing a team of designers, developers, and data scientists, ensuring the project stays on track and on budget, and most of all ensuring we are delivering an extraordinary product to the client. We have developed many ongoing relationships with our clients over the years and you will help us continue to nurture and grow those relationships.
We are particularly looking for experience in building a product and getting it to market. We are a smaller team trying to push ourselves to the next level, and we require your help to do so. We are especially looking for someone who has worked on smaller teams and we want to invest in your experience.
- Clearly articulate the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. Own the strategy behind the product along with its roadmap and work with your team to build what matters.
- Know when (and when not) to create a master release, manage features and dependencies in and across releases, and manage releases with phases and milestones.
- Collect, curate, and promote the most relevant ideas into features. Know which ideas should be promoted to features - the ones that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business. Ensure that key feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into product planning and development processes.
- Articulate the ‘what’ and work with your team to determine the ‘when.’
- Make product decisions and be the lead resource for the rest of the organization when deep product expertise is required. This includes supporting the organizations that help bring the product to market and working directly with clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking a proactive approach to product management and dealing with clients.
- Speaking to clients to determine their needs and constraints.
- Conducting checkpoint meetings with the client to ensure projects are on track and features meet their requirements.
- Ensuring projects are on budget and on time.
- Setting up and maintaining task management boards (such as Trello and Aha).
- Dealing with any client conflicts immediately and appropriately.
- Leading teams of designers, developers, and data scientists to complete the project according to the client’s vision.
- Writing and/or contributing to project proposals.
- Mentoring team members.
- Developing and documenting processes and standards.
- Teaching other project managers effective product management strategies and holding them accountable to your policies.
- Collaborating with other product managers to share learnings and effective product management strategies.
Who are we looking for?
- Direct responsibility for managing a technology product through development and go to market.
- An understanding of agile project management approaches and methodologies.
- A conceptual understanding of cloud based software solutions, (AWS knowledge or certification
- Experience mentoring other product managers.
- Skilled, eloquent, and personable in writing and verbal communication.
- Experience working with an entirely remote team.
- Knowledge of internet applications, data applications, and consulting services.
- Direct experience delivering a software as a service product to market.
Tesera is an emerging technology company focusing on three business lines. Our primary business lines are as follows:
Professional Services has always been a focus for Tesera. We help our clients implement products in areas such as open data, data management through visualization and analysis, data science, commercial product development and geospatial solutions. In the past year our Professional Services teams have completed a variety of products including building the SaaS platform for an award winning energy services asset management startup, building a set of citizen science mobile monitoring apps, building a new way to share environmental monitoring data, building a sophisticated automated data quality control pipeline for the forest sector, creating a portal for biodiversity monitoring data, and delivering a series of applications to support the Fort McMurray wildfire recovery and leading recovery and aid charities in Canada. Helping us build and expand this core service area will be your primary responsibility.
Our second business line is in the adaption to climate change space. Tesera has worked with a key industry associations to build a risk assessment tool that will support and assist municipalities in discovering asset vulnerabilities. Tesera is commercializing this product which employs a spatial machine learning approach. We break the landscape down into thousands of spatial indicators which can then be modeled to determine their influence on event outcomes such as infrastructure failures. We have a lot of work to do here to bring this to a commercial product offering and we are very excited about doing it.
High Resolution Inventory Service (HRIS) is our third business area. HRIS enables our clients who manage landscapes to have a higher level of resolution and accuracy that they’ve ever had before. HRIS combines LiDAR, colour infrared imagery, climate indices, terrain indices and ground plot data via machine learning processes to predict attributes about the landscape. The types of information that can be generated from HRIS are far-ranging from types and quality of timber resources to locations of streams, potential wildlife habitat and amount of carbon sequestration. The HRIS solution, creates attributes across an entire landscape creating an inventory that has more useful attributes and is at a more detailed resolution than other approaches available today.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
“We disrupt conventional thinking to expand what is possible.
We ignite change in the future we share.”
Accountability: We hold ourselves, and each other accountable for all we do.
Communication: We communicate openly and honestly. We listen. Each is heard and considered. We share feedback and express gratitude.
Community: We contribute and lead within communities that empower and inspire us.
Design and Innovation: We craft elegant solutions using beautiful ideas and innovation.
Fiscal: We are responsible for our fiscal health and vitality.
Fun: We are the spark that triggers awesome.
Health, Fitness and Balance: Space-Time is ours to define. We bend work to balance our lives.
Personal Development: We are driven to learn. We push each other to expand our horizons.
Relationships: We build trusting relationships.
Sustainability: We act in relentless pursuit of a sustainable future.
To apply: Please send along the following to Mandy Ferrari at firstname.lastname@example.org:
A Résumé - what have you done?
A Cover Letter - how can you help Tesera? How does Tesera’s purpose align with you?
Preference will be given to candidates located in Canada.
|تفاصيل الوظيفة||متطلبات الوظيفة|
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|
|المهارات||mobile,machine learning,manager,rest,senior,intern,consul,aws,designer,cloud,product manager,project manager,amazon web services,go,saas,dba,data science,agile,infrastructure,project management|