Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, and Inc.com recognized us as "One of the Most Dog-Friendly Offices in the World." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Design at Rover:
We’re looking for senior UI/UX designers to join our team – full-stack designers who will define the Rover experience (web and native mobile apps). You’ll be an ambassador for our users. Your projects do not stop after you've spec'd and “delivered.” From whiteboard ideation through release, you will shepherd your project to fruition championing the importance of the experience. You are equally adept ideating at a 10,000 ft. level AND executing on the ground with visual precision – collaborating closely with product managers, your fellow designers, our content team, and engineers.
- Drive human-centered design decisions mixing intuition with a healthy dose of data and user research.
- Turn complex challenging workflows into simple, usable experiences.
- Work closely with fellow designers ensuring visual and experiential cohesiveness.
- Validate ideas and solicit feedback with quick sketches and interactive prototypes.
- Give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback.
- Acknowledge that shipping and learning is far more valuable than iterating over and over until you find the perfect solution.
- Clearly articulating a design decision is as important as the proposed solution.
- Design systems, not screens.
- 5+ years of relevant web, iOS, or Android product experience.
- Aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Self-managing, actionable, and capable of proposing strategic decisions.
- Familiarity with iOS / Android interface guidelines.
- You are a full-stack designer: concept, lo-fi, hi-fidelity, and interactive prototypes.
- Strong working experience with Sketch and Marvel.
Be prepared to share:
- Work that you're proud of.
- Work demonstrating clean visual design, problem solving, and attention to detail.
- Work demonstrating user-centered design principles and strong information architecture.
- If you're interested in joining the design team at Rover, please send your resume (but be prepared to speak to the points above). We value creativity. Take a moment to use your cover letter to tell us about what makes you, YOU!
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches every other Tuesday
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more