Senior PHP Developer
TicketSwap is looking for a Senior PHP Developer. In the past four years, we have grown rapidly. Our goal is to make buying and selling secondhand tickets easy, honest and safe. We have almost 1,600,000 registered users across the world and counting.
Technology and forward-thinking are our core drivers. We rapidly change, adapt and learn. Are you ready to join our awesome team?
What you can expect from the work
- You’ll be working in our Product team of 14 people, which consists of a product manager, designers, mobile developers, backend developers and frontend developers. The team is mostly working from Amsterdam, but some are working remotely (Spain, Croatia).
- We are deploying continuously and doing peer reviews before pushing to master.
- Your curiosity is really important. The product team is very autonomous and has a lot of freedom. Your contribution will have huge impact. Your newly shipped feature will be used by thousands of our users immediately.
- You will be working with cutting edge technology and within a company where we always strive to update to the latest version. We ran PHP 7.1 in production within a week after the release
- Stuff we use: PHP, Symfony, Doctrine, GraphQL, Redis, Memcached, Resque, Capistrano, Vagrant, Ansible, AWS, Elasticsearch, Neo4j, Webpack, Sass, different PDF tools. We don't expect you to know any of them upfront, it's just for your information.
What you can expect from the company TicketSwap
- Our Amsterdam office is situated near Dam square where we share a cool office building with a variety of other small companies. Of course, this is a cool place to work, but it's also possible to work remotely.
- You are in control of your own workplace. For example, a lot of people use an electric sit-stand desk.
- You’ll get the freedom to learn and to build your own ideas. Every 2 weeks, we have Fun Friday, where everyone picks their own day project. This is the day you can learn something new, try out a new framework or ship that small feature you always wanted to create.
- You'll get €1000,- a year for conferences and education.
- A daily comprehensive lunch at the office. Every other Friday there's a chef cooking something nice
- We rarely skip the Friday drinks. Sometimes we go crazy with our disco lights and smoke machine
- Our team consists of young and ambitious people, looking for world domination
- Competitive salary with a pension plan fully paid by TicketSwap
- Familiar with Symfony and/or other frameworks.
- Familiar with Git.
- Familiar with unit and functional testing.
- Familiar with DDD.
- Experience with Unix is a plus.
- You are able to find the right balance between shipping and being a perfectionist.
- You love creating cool stuff and have a sharp eye for detail.
- You’re passionate about helping to grow and improve TicketSwap.
- We prefer people in the same timezone (Europe / Amsterdam) when working remotely.