We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer who will be responsible for application design architecture with multi-tenancy capability. In this role, your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, as well as ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
What we will build together
Currently at Artbees, we’re working on a brand new SaaS website builder solution that will expand the possibilities of visual web design! That’s where you come in. We’re looking for applicants who have a passion for working with web design tools and the motivation to challenge pre-existing ideas of how the future of web design can evolve.
- Develop application architecture (e.g. Laravel Multi-tenancy)
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP services
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- You will be working on a newly created team, so you need to be prepared and assertive in setting standards and design patterns with your new colleagues
- You have interest and ambition to help other developers.
- 3+ years experience writing softwares within an Agile environments
- Strong knowledge of Laravel (We expect you have experience building complex softwares using Laravel)
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Familiarity with Microservices for scalable applications
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Familiarity with caching strategy and implementation (Memcached, Redis,..)
- Have already developed complex API driven applications with scalability, security and performance in mind
- Access to tons of premium books and resources to improve your knowledge
- Paid travel & accommodation to headquarters
- Flexible and fair time off policy
- Birthday surprises
- Spotify subscription gifts
- Gym membership
- If you speak at a tech conference, we’ll cover all expenses.
- We are a semi-remote team so we do invite individuals to work with us from anywhere on the globe. Nevertheless, we prefer to have a time overlap of 4-5 hours working together.
- At Artbees we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Artbees is proud to offer an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our hiring process and workforce is committed to maintain equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or military status. Our current team is a testament to our commitment to diversity and merit.