You'll be working directly on building new functionality into the product as well as working on existing features. We've had more interest than we ever anticipated we're hiring early to maintain and expand the quality of Impala.
We work with a NodeJS/GraphQL backend (on top of Heroku/Postgres) and a Redux/React front-end.
A JS Engineer at Impala:
- Takes ownership of features, working across both back and front-end.
- Spends time working on tooling to fix our common problems. In the past this has involved building chrome extensions and open source libraries.
- Has a direct input in the formulation of functionality.
We are accepting fully remote applicants as well as London based (or relocatable) applicants.
Remote employees are required to come to London on a monthly basis. As such, only remote applicants from Western Europe will be considered.
All full-time employees will take equity stakes in the company. How much will depend on experience.
Skills & Requirements
We're looking for engineers who are genuinely interested in using the latest web technologies when they're available. We're also looking for people who can build things well and also like to ship.
You won't be asked about linked lists or binary search trees in your interview but you will be asked about ES6 and APIs that you've worked with.
What we need to see:
- A history of using ReactJS
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres preferable)
- An interest in taking ownership of functionality
What we'd love to see:
- Experience with Redux or significant experience with ReactJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with React Native
Impala is a small team, well-funded and growing quickly. In that way, we're similar to a lot of startups.
We also have:
- Frequent socials
- Flexible working hours
- The ability to work remotely
Where we differ is:
- You'll be working in a company led by an engineer. You won't be asked to do the unrealistic and your skills will be tested and improved.
- You'll have a demonstrable, strong role in product direction.
- You won't spend half of your time in SCRUM meetings and writing Jira tickets.
- We work with hotels. You'll be able to travel to them (and a lot of them are in very cool places).