Razeware is the company behind raywenderlich.com, the most popular iOS development site on the Internet. We're a small 10-person company that has been profitable for 7 years, and we're all remote - with folks in Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and England! :]
About the Job
We are seeking a senior full-stack engineer to help us make a major overhaul of raywenderlich.com.
Our web stack is based on Rails 5, deployed via Docker on AWS, code reviewed through GitHub and CircleCI, and deployments are done by a single command to a Slack bot. We're always looking at how we can improve, and are currently evaluating React and Redux as possible ways to improve the UX on our front-end apps.
You'd be working with a small team of one other senior engineer, and one designer, so you'd have tremendous influence on the project and engineering at Razeware in general. This is a great chance to work on a green-field project with some great developers using lots of exciting new tech, and to take an already popular site to the next level! :]
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails
- Demonstrable knowledge of architecting microservice-like platforms
- Deep understanding and interest in a wide range of technologies and design patterns
- Experience with front-end technologies—React and Redux a bonus
- Top-notch communication skills
- Strong analytical skills—the ability to weigh costs & benefits and arrive at a sensible compromise-
- Strong problem-solving ability—in a technology agnostic manner
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Interest in / experience of teaching programming
What's In it For You
- Remote working: live anywhere - no time tracking - set your own hours!
- Health insurance and 401K match (US only)
- Generous PTO - plus 1-week company-wide Christmas vacation
- Competitive salary
- Professional development (conferences & training)
- Free trip to our annual conference - RWDevCon
Job Perks: Remote working: live anywhere - no time tracking - set your own hours! Health insurance and 401K match (US only) Generous PTO - plus 1-week company-wide Christmas vacation Competitive salary Professional development (conferences & training) Free trip to our annual conference - RWDevCon