Have you been a direct contributor in a fast-paced, highly technical software environment? Have you ever focused on creating high-value technology in the middle of the chaos of a small, rapidly-growing company? Can you say that you hit specs on time, every time, and “on quality”? Do you describe yourself as being neurologically diverse? Then we’d love to figure out a way to work together, no matter where in the world you’d like to live!
This non-management position involves both architecture and programming.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement new functionalities from front end to the backend.
- Solve very hard problems…from building intelligent crawler to scaling our distributed systems.
- Very high self-starting motivation is required. Having a “Can Do” attitude is more important here than almost any place else.
- While exploring cutting-edge technology and brand new stuff all the time, also be ready, willing and able to “do the dirty work” when required.
- Be a team player and a strong communicator.
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 (preferably more) years of experience with C#, .Net Core and ASP.Net However, you’ll also be fine if you’re coming in with Java & C++ experience instead.
- Strong experience with OOP, familiarity with design pattern, performance tuning, and designing for both scalable and distributed systems, incl. Restful Architecture
- We prefer Microsoft Azure platform experience (i.e. Service Fabric, Cosmos DB, Storage Blobs, Search, etc.) We'd also like you to know Elastic Search.
- Development experience that includes Test-Driven Development, Version Control (Git), Code Review, and Agile Dev.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL, Neo4j and micro services.
- Also Application Insights, and Web Apps.
- Experience with Big Data processing, and Machine Learning is a plus, from Python to TensorFlow
- Breath-taking coding and analytical skills...more like being "gifted" in this regard.
- An extremely strong work ethic & dedication. We are not a lifestyle company which is why a piece of the company is part of the prize. Our CEO leads by example, around the clock.
- Strong, fluent command of English.
If you have the risk tolerance to join a young company on the ground floor, then let's do this!
Don't bother giving us character references from friends or peers. It will be much more impressive if you get your prior supervisors (and, also, their boss...i.e. your boss's boss) to pitch you to us. We’d especially like it if you have worked for owner-managers in the past. Tell why we need you on our team.
If you have any work product that you're proud of--e.g. a difficult problem that you solved--throw in a link to a project or code snippet. Or give us your Stack Overflow or Git alias.
Our CEO looks forward to hearing from you!...he's eager to build another major, world-class team, which he and his brother have done before. Check our “About” page where you’ll also see the immediately-prior CFO of Facebook: https://www.trustscience.com/about/ who is an investor and advisor to the CEO.
Trust Science has over 20 patents in 6 countries, with many more pending. We are innovating a brand new way to think about people, starting with intelligent search and moving all the way through to building social graphs and geo-activity heat maps.
We are short on time, so everything needs to happen “yesterday” given how fast this space is moving and given how demanding (and big) our opportunities are! Our main competitor was global—at least they were, until they very recently got bought out by a household name, multi-billion$ player. Now it’s our turn to shine...fast! Our mission is an important one = help people who can’t get credit or who are under-banked like Millennials and immigrants. We help businesses to see the best in everyone by digitizing their trustworthiness.