The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer that will help us transform healthcare through technology that is smart, sophisticated, user-centric, and measurable. Your work will change healthcare as we know it. You will be building the software that powers the consumer healthcare experience for patients both in and outside of our hospital network. If you want to solve complex problems that make a clear and real-world impact in people’s lives, join us!
In order to transform healthcare, we need individuals who love cutting edge technologies. We run through the green fields, and take calculated risks. We learn from our successes and failures, while respecting each other and our organizations mission (Know me, Care for Me, Ease My Way).
We need your skills to make this transformation! We’re looking for developers who have passion for learning and working with new technologies. This Sr. Software Engineer will:
- Work with customers, designers and UX experts to design and develop solutions to challenging problems, leading teams and mentoring more junior engineers.
- Design fault-tolerant architecture that scales with real-time workloads involving audio, video, data, and messaging.
- Provide thought leadership through investigating new technologies and how they can be applied.
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 6 years working with web server architecture and tuning for performance and scalability
- 6 years of “Mobile First”, Responsive Design with HTML and CSS.
- 6 years of object oriented design and implementation.
- 2 years of React
- 2 years of Node.js, Angular.js, and Java and/or C# preferred
- A passion for continuous delivery and test-first design. Experience deploying to cloud-native infrastructure using containers is an asset.
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it.
- A small but growing team - we’re good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one.
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity.
- Great pay.
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b.
- The best tools money can buy.
- Excellent career growth opportunities.
What Else: You’ll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
Our Mission: As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/index.html
About Us Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs When applying online, please reference job number 160599.
Apply online: http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=107405
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.