Senior Frontend Developerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر 2017-09-01 21:59:20
Are you a versatile frontend developer & UX designer who is obsessive about creating thoughtful software that improves someone’s day? If so, we’d love to chat with you about adding some firepower to our senior product team -- a team who is actively helping women’s health providers spend more quality time with patients by fundamentally re-imagining their daily digital workflows.
Ideally you are as eager and passionate as we are about:
- Creating thoughtful user experiences that help people (in our case doctors & nurses) make the best decisions possible while removing tedious BS from their daily workflow.
- reducing the large amount of time that clinicians spend on documenting what they have already done (go ahead -- ask your doctor about how much they like their EHR (electronic health record) next time you’re sick)
- re-imagining not only the traditional user experiences & workflow of EHR’s, but also the medium through which the latest medical best practices can be actionably and seamlessly incorporated into delivering care.
OK, you may not be super-passionate about these things right now (let’s face it -- medical workflows and “EHRs” sound pretty boring on paper), but you will be. Why? Because you’ll be building software that fixes INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING experiences for doctors. And it’s incredibly satisfying to modernize, replace & improve outdated, problematic software. It’s important. And you’ll be loved/adored for it. (And once you see the way this stuff is currently done, you’ll be left scratching your head or otherwise disappointed)
A little about us...
We’re a small-but-mighty team that recently secured our first round of venture capital financing along with a strategic partnership with the most influential voice in women’s health: the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG).
Our mission is to remove the “digital roadblocks” that interfere with healthcare providers’ ability to spend quality time with patients (Oh and we try to help them make better decisions along the way as well).
...A Lot About You
Ideally, you are a multitalented wunderkind who runs circles around each of the below bullet points, but let’s be real: while some of these are “must-have”, many are “wish-list”. We may have gotten a bit carried away with these, so if feel your unique combination of skills is close-ish to the mark, don’t hesitate to reach out. In fact, do so enthusiastically.
- ...you’ve got a “roll up your sleeves” mentality -- there’s a lot of nitty gritty work to get done.
- … you have “X years of experience” Pshaw. We aren’t big on formal requirements in the credentials department; rather, we want to see what you’ve worked on. Show us a project you’re proud of that you shipped and we’ll start the conversation from there. But let’s not kid ourselves -- you should absolutely come without “training wheels” ;).
- … you have excellent design sensibilities and a firm grasp of HTML5 / CSS / SASS, ui toolkits like bootstrap, and probably design tools like Sketch.
- … you’re pretty opinionated about your design choices and can easily articulate/defend your design decisions/rationale when asked “Why did you
- ...you should be able to design, architect & implement front-end solutions that reflect your particular problem-solving approach (...and you’ll probably be solving a problem that was based on a story that you yourself were instrumental in either eliciting or refining).
- … you’re a natural Design Thinker. Therefore, you’re good at leveraging your empathy to investigate both known and ambiguous aspects of a complex, convoluted story (lots of these in healthcare!) in order to discover hidden parameters and open alternative paths which may lead to the “real” story.
- … you have an admirable understanding of the principles behind a good RESTful API design. (Bonus points for a passing familiarity Ruby on Rails or any other fullstack tendencies.)
- … you’re comfortable/knowledgeable with git. CI experience a bonus, but not required.
- … you’ve worked at startups before or have always been looking for an excuse to.
- … you work well in a loosely structured PM/Managerial environment (we’re agile with a “little a”)
Us + You?
As the newest member our product team, you’ll be an integral part of every aspect of our business strategy, dev roadmap, technology architecture decisions, and, undoubtedly, will wear a lot of hats.
Ones of these hats -- in addition to your techie/design hats -- will almost certainly be the Customer Hat. At Dorsata, we are fervent (rabidly obsessive, really) believers in frequent, high-touch interactions with our involved, loyal customer base, who drives our roadmap. Believe me when I tell you that you’re going to be on a first name basis with many of our customers -- there’s a whole Slack channel full of’em that just can’t wait to meet you.
Dorsata’s clinical workflow intelligence platform is designed to work both top of and inside of the existing electronic health records (EHRs) that our customers use. The ACOG Prenatal Record -- our flagship product for the Dorsata platform -- is an AngularJS/Rails SPA designed collaboratively with women’s health providers to support the way that they work & think -- not tell them how to work & think (or add additional clerical burdens to their already-busy day). We want practitioners of women’s health to feel like they are using a piece of software not only designed for them, but by them.
More About Us : Location, Location, Location...
Dorsata is located in Washington, DC. OK, well technically across the river in Crystal City, VA. We work out of 1776's excellent location there, which we can't say enough good things about. 1776 has has incredible people, energy, events, perks & workspace setups (and by the way, since we were one of the first companies there, we have the best seats in the house ;) ).
1776 affords us an *amazing* view that looks out over the Potomac River at cityscape of Washington DC. When you get bored, you can meditate/cogitate/daydream while watching planes land @ Washington Reagan Airport, which is about 300 yards-ish away.
Oh...and one of the best parts: there is a brand-spanking-new kitchen that will serve you a catered lunch daily. Check out Chef Aaron’s Instagram for a preview of what you’ll have for lunch every day. The cold-brew coffee keg and the generator-sized latte/cappuccino/espresso machine often comes in handy, as well.
How We Interview & Hire
Like many of the other startups you are currently perusing on stackoverflow/angellist/liquidtalent(RIP)/hired/vettery/reddit/linkedIn/etc., our interview process begins with an intro call to help you learn more about the role, for us to hear more about you, and to help the two of us decide if Dorsata is a mutual fit. If we move forward, the next step will be a more in depth on-site meeting with us that dives into some problem solving (how would you do this? / what do you think about XYZ?) and some Show & Tell (a project you've worked on before). Note, we DO NOT do coding tests (write us a FizzBuzz, please?) or brain-teasers (Why are manhole covers round?).
The onsite can always work around your schedule's flexibility, but we like to have you meet several key people on the team, as well as our CEO and founding team to get a flavor for who we are and how we work.
Benefits / Perks / Comp
- Health Insurance / Dental
- Market salary + equity participation opportunity
- We're pretty flexible with respect to working in the office, at home, or occasional stints in Antarctica.
- Did we say “office”? Actually, we meant 1776 (http://www.1776.vc)
- Catered lunch, courtesy of Chef Aaron.
- Fun, friendly & delightfully BS-free work environment
- "Kid-friendly" (2 of us have infants & toddlers -- know how that goes? So do we.)
- Weekly happy hour + mystery beer fridge.
- Watch planes take-off and land from DCA (our office overlooks the Potomac -- you get to take in the full DC cityscape while noodling on a problem)
- Cold-brew coffee keg + mega-espresso-latte-cappuccino-machine should keep you adequately caffeinated. If not, we need to talk about your coffee issue.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|