2017-08-17 18:10:48 True False
Senior Front End Engineer
Headquarters: Berkeley, CA
At Packlane, we help customers create impactful custom packaging – and we need you to create the powerful code that makes it all possible. In fact, we’d be OK with you wearing a brightly colored cape at your desk because you have X-ray vision for detecting bugs and a utility belt full of tools to eradicate them. As the ideal candidate, you understand that inventive and stable software is essential to the continued prosperity of our business — and also result in web experiences more forceful than a locomotive.
Consider Packlane a unique challenge - you’ll be in charge of code that allows people with a range of design knowledge (from novice to expert craftsman) to create a product that truly helps them tell their business’s brand story. It’s a big job, but the engineer we’re looking for will be excited to work on a career-defining start-up that’s pioneering a new approach to designing and manufacturing packaging. Join our team as a software engineer and put your super-skills to work for good.
What You'll Do:
- Ideate. Create. Innovate. Help our small (but ultra-productive!) team build new and wonderful products.
- Craft the front end of our web applications.
- Build beautiful interfaces using SASS and a keen eye on style.
- Utilize unit testing with Jest and continuous integration to keep the bugs out.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, department heads and consultants to provide the best user experience possible.
- Bend steel with your bare hands (optional).
- An easy-to-work-with attitude, well-organized and highly self-motivated.
- Reliable. Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong work ethic and a healthy obsession with learning new things.
- Familiarity with Git, NPM/Yarn, and Chrome DevTools.
- Project leadership and interest in technical leadership on the front end.
- Experience in the nuances of SASS and clean minimal design with reusable components.
- Capability and interest in championing best practices in React.js.
- Proficiency with Brunch, WebGL, Canvas, and HTML5.
- Functional programming advocates: who value immutability and functional purity.
- Previous experience on remote teams.
What You'll Love About Packlane:
- A chance to try new technologies - Packlane is an opportunity to cut your teeth on a novel technology stack, including innovative development frameworks and cutting-edge functional languages.
- Support Modern Browsers - We’re living in the future and build for modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE. No IE8 here.
- We’re a small team - You’ll be one of few, which means you’ll have a real chance to make an impact. Expect (and hopefully enjoy!) a lot of control and influence over product decisions and prioritization.
- You’ll help build our future - We’ve got a lot of ambitious projects in the works, from building manufacturing infrastructure from the ground up, to implementing robust order management systems that orchestrate an intricate production flow, and you’ll be at the forefront of it all.
- Flexibility - We’re an international team who appreciates the freedom to work remotely/from home when we need to, and we value getting everyone together in-person for the occasional company retreat.
To apply: Apply @ https://packlane.workable.com/jobs/551640
الوظيفة غير نشطة
غير قابل للتطبيق
منذ 7 أشهر
منذ 4 أشهر