2017-11-09 12:41:52 True False
Senior Front End Developer
If you’re reading this job description, you’re probably someone that spends a lot of time on the computer and the internet. Although we leverage these tools like any other business does, our product seeks to physically take our customers away from these things in an effort to find the magic and relaxation they’ve so desperately been seeking. We’re putting tiny houses on camp sites in remote locations so our “users” can get away and set up a high-speed interface with their humanity. We create and maintain technology that, in some cases invisibly, enables a magical experience for our guests and removes stress from their lives.
We are a rapidly growing team that raised a $15M Series A financing round earlier this year and opened our third location near Washington, D.C. this October. Our main offices our located in Downtown Brooklyn, and our dev team currently consists of a VP of Technology and another Software Developer. We’re looking to round out our team with some great Front End talent that’s capable of shaping the future direction of our Front End infrastructure.
The Front End Developer will focus on the following areas:
- Building new features for and maintaining the current functionality of our website, https://getaway.house, written with a React/SASS/Webpack front end and Ruby on Rails back end, in an Agile working environment
- Architecting the front-end of our new website, to be released in early 2018!
- Writing internal tools to support our Guest Experience team and make it extremely easy for guests to get the things they need to have a wonderful time on their Getaways
- Implementing existing coding standards and improving them later on
- Leading the Front End team, mentoring our future, more junior Front End developers
- Occasionally writing code in front of a fire, if you so desire (for real)
We’re looking for someone with at least 2.5-3 years of on the job experience but don’t want anyone to shy away from applying if they don’t meet our exact qualifications. The ideal candidate should be comfortable building projects from the ground up, making library, stack, and coding standard decisions, and leading a small team (sometime in the next few quarters, not immediately). Design background and a “good eye” are a huge plus.
This role is a contract-to-hire role. We’d like you to come on as a freelancer to see how our relationship develops, then hire you full-time if it’s the right fit.
الوظيفة غير نشطة
غير قابل للتطبيق
منذ 8 أشهر
منذ 5 أشهر