We’re looking for an amazing Ember.js developer to build functional prototypes for early validation as part of our lean-inspired Build/Measure/Learn process. The successful applicant can be remote, but occasional on-site presence is required.
- You know Ember.js like the back of your hand
- You have prior experience in building and shipping applications or software in a startup environment as part of a software team
- You can style practically anything using one of the popular naming methodologies (SuitCSS, BEM, SMACSS etc)
- You are fluent on the command line
- You are a team player who loves giving and receiving constructive feedback
- You can TDD using Ember’s built-in test framework
- You are knowledgeable about Ember’s addon ecosystem
As a Senior Ember.js Developer, you will:
- Develop performant, customer-facing web applications with Ember.js
- Work with the UX Designer and Product Team to explore conceptual ideas and produce well-instrumented functional prototypes for early validation. Work with the team to apply those learnings to iterative feature and product revisions
- Work with the Dev Team to communicate requirements for any changes to the backend to support your work: bonus points if you can do this work yourself—perhaps you were a Rails developer in a previous life?
- Support and mentor junior developers to build the strongest team possible
- Conduct technical explorations and investigations as needed to determine how something should be built and then be able to explain your decisions
- Thrive in a fast-paced agile environment that values best practices, good communication, your great ideas and lots of testing
- You have at least two years of solid production experience with Ember.js
- Experience working closely in a collaborative fashion with a designer is very important and would set you apart from other applicants
- Portfolio of projects you can point to that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, graphic elements, and usability
Nice to have:
- Experience working on Lean UX teams
- Full-stack experience
Ideal location/business hours:
- Remote with ability to work during EST business hours
- Within commuting distance to White River Junction, VT for on-site visits a strong plus
- You must have regular access to a quiet, distraction free working environment for pairing and calls
Experience and ability to comfortably pair using remote tooling. Screenhero or similar during normal EST business hours.
At Subtext Media we’re building the digital resource where locals can go for everything they need to know about where they live, work and play. Our proof-of-concept experience, DailyUV.com, serves the beautiful Upper Valley region along the Vermont/New Hampshire border.
We are headquartered in downtown White River Junction, VT -- half our team works remotely in various parts of the US and Canada. Everyone gathers in White River Junction for team building two or three times a year.
Our frontend is an Ember.js application running on Fastboot which connects to a Rails api backend, hosted on AWS. Our content and ad delivery is based upon NoSQL semantic databases utilizing natural language processing and machine learning.
We offer competitive wages and comprehensive benefits for employees, including health/dental/vision insurance, disability coverage, and a 401(k).