Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company, is a developer of innovative, technology-based, educational literacy programs for pre-K to Adult learners. The Lexia team is dedicated to the creation of unique programs that facilitate the process of teaching and learning to read.
We are seeking a Senior Education Outreach Specialist to work in conjunction with the Vice President for Education and Outreach to foster and sustain strategic partnerships with districts and schools, educational organizations, foundations, research organizations, and groups fostering innovative educational initiatives.
Reporting to the Vice President for Education and Outreach, this person will operate with an expert grasp of Lexia’s literacy skills and assessment programs including design history, implementation best practices, research findings, and goals for future product design enhancements. In addition, this person will work in support of efforts to drive business opportunities on a national scale in a collaborative effort with internal stakeholders including collaborations with large urban school districts and federal and state education initiatives.
Required responsibilities and expertise for this role will include:
- Portfolio Expertise – Place Lexia programs within the larger framework of ELA instruction for general education, intervention, Special Education, English Language Learners and other specialized populations. Position Lexia’s programs within commonly adopted instructional models such as blended learning, personalized learning, competency based learning, and core and supplemental reading instructional programs.
- Research Expertise – Understand and communicate all Lexia research objectives, projects and findings (past and present) specific to Lexia’s elementary, secondary and assessment programs across customers of all scales. Leverage Lexia’s research to establish market position and engage strategic partner organizations to inform future research goals and objectives. Communicate research objectives, outcomes and implications to employees, prospects and customers.
- Strategic support of direct and reseller sales channels through in-person and virtual meetings with customers and prospects on a national scale.
- Model best practices for program presentations including the use of varied resources such as PPT decks, collateral, research and data, and program demonstrations on both the student scope, sequence and myLexia.
- Liaison to strategic partnership organizations and provide insight into new opportunities for further development of sales.
- Direct outreach to Lexia customer districts and schools, as well as prospective districts and schools in an effort to continue growth of business and levels of support as appropriate.
This is a remote position.
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Lexia program(s) knowledge: company history, design principles, best practices, and body of published and unpublished research.
- Reading pedagogy, specialized skills in reading research and data analysis.
- Exceptional level of communication skills including, public speaking/presenting, writing, and presentation preparation; Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct experience in the implementation of “blended learning” programs for literacy instruction and a strong grasp of the nomenclature and principles of blended learning as an evolving pedagogy in public education.
- Advanced degree or certification in Education or related domain.
- 15+ years K-12 education experience as a teacher/specialist; ideal candidate will have high level school/district administration and leadership role experience.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting assessment data to measure performance, support district resource planning and best teaching practices relative to scale needed.
- Experience working directly on focusing educational professionals (i.e. teachers, administrators, etc.) on data drive instruction.
- Familiarity with using data analytics, research design, and study methods to inform decisions on student success.
- Extensive experience with education technology and the design of blended and personalized learning programs and their delivery and implementation; ideal candidate will have Lexia specific product experience
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with cross functional team members.
- Mentoring, training and professional development skills.
- Capacity for extensive domestic travel (60-70%)
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently; we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.