You should have prior experience architecting and developing projects from concept through delivery and launch.
This role is often client facing and candidates should have experience communicating technical concepts to clients as well as being a part of, and possibly leading, small teams of developers.
We're a small team solving a variety of large problems for clients across multiple sectors including technology, financial services, and CPG. In this role, you will be a key contributor in determining and executing these solutions.
This is a full-time position to be performed onsite at our offices in San Francisco.
What you'll (mostly) do:
- Work closely with the Technology Director Estimating projects based on initial scope
- Work closely with the Technology Director to ensure requirements and timelines are met
- Be part of , or possibly lead, a team of 1-3 developers, distributing responsibilities, determining cadence, and prioritizing engineering tasks
- Be comfortable acting as primary technical contact on projects both internally and with clients
- Define and document project technical requirements
- Architect and implement website and CMS projects using technologies such as Django and DjangoCMS, wordpress, etc.
- Create responsive HTML5 pages from design comps
- Create CSS3 layouts, ensuring compatibility across all required browsers
- Work with developers, designers, and project leaders to ensure code quality and design fidelity
- Optimize graphic elements, advising where CSS may be used instead
- Integrate content and services from 3rd parties using APIs
What you'll (mostly) bring:
- Solid knowledge of backend language such as Python/Django, Ruby, and PHP
- Proficiency with databases such as MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Experience with build, packaging, environment, and delivery tools such as webpack, docker, and gulp
- High attention to detail to maintain design integrity throughout the build process
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly and professionally interact with clients
- IT/DevOps skills
- Experience with DjangoCMS or Ruby on Rails
- Unix/Linux administration experience
What you'll get:
You'll join a full-service, awarding winning, digitally focused, independent agency who are hard-working and hard-playing and is still on the rise after 17 years not to mention providing you with a wide range of employee benefits and the chance to work with some of the world's leading brands from giant innovators to start-up trailblazers.
Traction is on a mission to become one of the most in-demand agencies in the United States, sought out by the best brands in the world to design meaningful experiences for their customers. To accomplish this, we have created a culture that is built on autonomy, empowerment, and fun. We believe the most creative, unexpected insights can come from anyone. Anywhere. At anytime.
For more information, visit https://tractionco.com.