Senior Designer, Audience Experienceنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 5 أشهر
Vox Media is a technology-driven media company. We’re solving the problem of developing high-value digital journalism, storytelling, and brand advertising at scale—and empowering the most talented web voices and their audiences with Chorus, our modern media platform.
Vox Media is eight distinct media brands: SB Nation (Sports), The Verge (Technology and Culture), Polygon (Gaming), Eater (Food and Nightlife), Racked (Shopping, Beauty and Fashion), Curbed (Real Estate and Home), Vox.com (General News), and Re/code (Tech Business).
We’re seeking an experienced visual designer who can be a core contributor on our audience experience group. The ideal candidate has extensive web and editorial design experience, a great eye for typography, and desire to build experiences that amplify the work of editorial teams and help shape the landscape of media consumption. This role requires a balance of strong visual design work alongside an understanding of creating product design systems for our audience. A Senior Designer should be capable of self-direction, owning initiatives, and using their experience to anticipate user needs and be a strong user advocate.
You will help us craft new consumption experiences for our audience for all platforms and devices and serve a crucial role in translating our brand identities across those areas. You will provide a strong visual design point of view and help ensure our experiences are beautiful and innovative while still serving the needs of our audience, whether that is through our websites, on a mobile device, or on a partner platform. You will help the editorial staff create new systems and designs to deliver the best content in the best way.
- Work with editorial teams to deliver content experiences that are powerful, efficient, and delightful
- Collaborate with stakeholders to refine content experiences and anticipate opportunities for new ones
- Integrate usability studies, research, and user feedback
- Collaborate with engineers and front-end designers to implement and iterate on interactive designs
- Connect, converse, and collaborate with teams and individuals across all of Vox Product to learn, tackle new initiatives, and meet unexpected challenges.
- Create, document, and maintain design systems that are flexible and robust
- You have examples of strong visual and interaction work in your portfolio
- You are comfortable providing creative critique and recommendations for solutions
- You are a team player who has the ability to work independently
- You enjoy working in multiple subject matters at once
- You have experience working with user research and data to inform decisions
- You understand how to facilitate rapid iteration of products
For more on the things we’re building and problems we’re solving, and what it’s like to work on the Vox Product Team, see our Product Team blog.
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Candidates can be based out of any of our offices—in New York City, Washington, DC, Austin, Chicago, or San Francisco—or may work remote from anywhere within the major US timezones (Eastern, Mountain, Central, Pacific). You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn’t describe you perfectly, please get in touch anyway and tell us why you want to work with us.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|