First Street Foundation is looking for a Senior Designer to help educate the nation on the problems and solutions to sea level rise. This is an amazing opportunity to utilize your visual skills to help make a difference in the way people live. You'll be joining The First Street team who is made up of some of the most talented people working in digital media and communications, as well as data science and geographic information systems. These cutting-edge marketers and technologists are wholly committed to advancing the awareness and action levels of all Americans to meet the challenges of sea level rise and flooding.
Needed for 8 weeks of project work.
- Web design
- Banner Design
- Deck construction
You excel using:
- Sketch App
- Adobe Suite
- Power Point
- Strong portfolio displaying the diversity of your work
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment balancing tight deadlines with great design while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail including completing all designs according to specs
- Exceptional project management skills including prioritization of work flow and time management
About First Street
We Exist to Solve This Problem
First Street is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity that applies all its energies, in a non-partisan manner, to helping America develop a sense of urgency to understand, and take action to deal with the immediate challenges posed by sea level rise.
We work to connect with anyone whose homes, businesses, finances, health and communities will be, and are being altered by sea level rise. And that means more than those who live and work along the coast. Even those well away from the shoreline, sitting on higher ground, can face adversity as a result of higher sea levels and the resulting flooding from tides and storms. This is an issue that affects everyone.