Help build and grow a new division in one of Inc.'s 5000 fastest growing companies. 90% work from home with flexible schedule, some travel will be required to the Houston Texas area. Must have 6 years of experience in big data engineering with a background in both Kafka and MapR technology.
At this time we cannot sponsor any visas for offer positions to non-US residents. You must be located within the US to be considered for this remote position. Agencies will not be considered.
- Design and build advanced big data systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources, teams, and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bugs and improving performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work with clients to collaborate on best practices and approaches
- Help build and grow a new division
- 6+ years of big data development experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience with Kafka
- Experience with MapR Streams
- Experience with processing data with python
- Strong familiarity with RDBMS concepts
We're a unique group of Engineers, Designers, and problem solvers from all over the globe — brought together by our love of creating impactful software.
This type of software is always hand crafted — not cobbled together from design templates, third party libraries, or copied code from the internet.
MartianCraft is a software design and development agency working with companies of all sizes to see their vision through from idea to completion. There is no such thing as a standard project, we know that, and that's why we work closely with our clients to remain aligned. That's how we craft amazing software.
Applicant MUST be a US Citizen or CURRENTLY be authorized to work in the US to apply for this position. Applicant must reside in the US at time of application and throughout work period.