Kickstarter is looking for backend engineers who will contribute directly to our platform for creators and makers, and who love building new products and solving problems.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Engineering team builds and maintains our web and mobile applications. We care about crafting code for the long term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, building and refining our platform to help bring creative projects to life.
About the Role
You’d join our Platform and Payments team, where you would gracefully evolve our monolithic app into services and support our payments infrastructure, which has processed over $3 billion in pledges. We’re seeking a skilled and passionate engineer who is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, and who values personal growth and positive feedback. Our Platform and Payments team works closely with other engineers, and our Integrity, Finance, and Customer Support teams to build scalable, reliable infrastructure and payments processing systems. We use ad-hoc QA clusters to test and demo new features, GitHub pull requests for peer review, and continuous deployment with feature flags for smooth rollouts. You can read more about us on our blog, Backing & Hacking.
- You have significant experience building web applications, ideally in Ruby on Rails or Java
- Knowledge of Data Stores – We use MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kinesis & Redshift
- Experience managing Ruby on Rails applications in production
- Experience or interest in Functional Programming and typed languages is a plus
- Experience building out payments platforms/products is a plus
If this sounds interesting to you, please send us your resume, some links to your work, and tell us a bit about yourself!