Senior Architect, HealthSparq
The Senior Architect provides expert advice to HealthSparq business executives and IT about how to best solve tough business and technical problems. Leads the investigation of new technologies (applications, systems, software, hardware, etc.) which are being contemplated to solve a problem, or when it is unclear which existing technologies to use or how to tie them together. The Senior Architect will communicate, mentor and collaborate with development staff on the implementation of the new technologies. In this role, you will:
- Participate as a key member of an agile team to consult with the business, understand the business needs and impacts. Recommend effective solutions.
- Engage in business analysis, information acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, archive and recovery strategy, security, and change management.
- Champion the installation and implementation of new technologies through their initiation phase providing a strategy for implementation and working to ensure a successful maintenance hand-off.
- Mentor other architects and developers in the definition of technology implementation strategies and provide assistance where needed in transitioning the technology to the delivery organization.
- Research/assess available technologies in relation to the enterprise's current and future needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex systems integration issues involving many disparate data sources, and experience in resolving them through providing clear direction on scope of solution.
- Demonstrated leadership skills for large projects in a technology-oriented field with a high emphasis on communicative and interpersonal relationship skills is required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal savvy, relates well to all kinds of people in the organization regardless of level, builds rapport and constructive relationships.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiations skills with both internal and external groups including ability to settle differences with a minimum of noise and a maximum level of diplomacy and tact. Includes ability to influence without direct authority.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills and uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Demonstrated deep functional and technical skills including ability to architect effective solutions for a growing Software as a Service company.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with original and innovative solutions to business problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated good decision quality, makes sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Functional programming patterns and languages (not limited to, but including Haskell, Erlang, Clojure & Scala)
- Cloud Native application development and operations, including micro service and serverless architectures
- NoSQL data modeling and databases
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) processes and frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS capabilities and limitations
- Experience in the health care industry, especially around payer oriented processes and systems
The Senior Architect HealthSparq would have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline with an advance degree preferred plus a minimum of 10 years in IT, including at least two years of technical leadership and architecture experience. A minimum of five years' experience evaluating business requirements and designing complete systems solutions in complex environments or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
HealthSparq employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
HealthSparq is all about helping people make smarter health care choices. How do we do it? By offering the most relevant, personalized and timely data possible and offering it to consumers when they need it. With over 70 health plan clients that reach over 72 million people, HealthSparq is uniquely positioned to help people make better sense of their health care.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.