Senior Android Engineer @ Telmateنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر 2017-08-16 14:30:21
At Telmate, we combine 10 years of hands-on experience with innovative and reliable technologies that drive efficiencies, security and control. We are a leading provider of secure inmate communication systems including phones, tablets, investigator tools, video visits, content and more. Telmate serves over 300 correctional facilities in the U.S. and Canada. Our mission is to create secure technology that empowers inmates to break the cycle of recidivism while protecting and serving facilities and our communities.
We have a startup culture with a surefooted product.
Enjoy the best of both worlds – a fun, fast-paced work environment with the reliability of a profitable product base. Our established main product gives us the room to focus our innovation on new industry-changing projects.
Our teams get to work on many challenging hardware and software projects including: Custom Android kernel, native Android & iOS applications, hardware kiosks and secure video stations, custom android tablets, Web RTC, SIP, Ruby based SaaS applications, multiple physical data centers along with AWS and much more.
The Senior Android Engineer leads the development and maintenance of Android apps. In addition to delivering the product, this is heavily involved in driving mobile strategy across all platforms. This role is heavy on the Android side, with kernel-level development skills needed.
- Act as lead Android developer. Depending on the skill set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other.
- Work closely with other mobile app developers
- Maintain and extend custom Android ROM
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle (concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support)
- Work directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release products
- Explore, investigate, and prototype concepts
- Work along with web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Work with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardize the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimize performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of Android app development
- Involved in all aspects of Android app development
- Strong kernel-level Android development
- Familiarity with Xcode Android
- 3-5 years of experience in strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
- Knowledge of Android SDK, SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Familiarity with AndroidStudio
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience developing banking, video streaming or messaging Android apps
- Experience customizing Android apps for security purposes
What We Offer:
- Catered Meals, Snack Pantry. Each week brings different, yummy catered meals.
- Commuter & Bike Perks. Clipper card program plus a safe place to hang your bike. How very SF.
- Feelin’ Kinda Scrummy? Like post-its? So do we. Agile scrum is the way that we roll.
- Team Outings & Happy Hours. Bowling, zip-lining, fancy dinners, off-site hack-a-thons and more.
- Medical, Dental and Vision care coverage for employees and family members.
Telmate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidate will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, disability, medical condition or national origin.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|