Our mobile team is expanding and we are seeking a talented Senior Android Developer to become part of Purepoint. You'll be working on a project which helps consumers control their smart home using their smart phone.
We specialise in building bespoke software for global businesses. We are remote-first by design and have a team of highly-skilled and multi-disciplined engineers. We are proponents of Agile methodologies and our primary focus is to deliver exceptional value to our clients.
Strong knowledge of Java is required. Experience with MVP and dependency injection using Dagger 2 would be great and working knowledge of RxJava 2. Real world experience building and maintaining Android apps is a must - from UI to APIs. This project will involve being part of a team working on an application used by tens of thousands of customers every day.
Currently, we are building applications across retail, energy, and healthcare sectors. Our applications make life simpler; whether its processing millions of transactions or automating the smart home.
This role is a full time, permanent position and you can work from wherever you want within -/+2 GMT. Our remote-first team is spread across 14 different countries. Our HQ is based in London, UK and you are welcome to drop by if you prefer working in an office environment. We would require you to visit our London office occasionally to meet new team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- MUST: 4+ years Android experience working on commercial projects
- MUST: Experience working in an Agile team and working harmoniously with others
- MUST: Exceptional written and spoken English
- MUST: Experience working with APIs
- MUST: Competent at using Git
- SHOULD HAVE: Ability to navigate, understand, and reuse large existing codebases
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with complex server-side design
- SHOULD HAVE: Used tools such as Jira and Trello
This role is perfect for a candidate that not only enjoys development, but also wants to have input on the best approach and implementation method. On a typical day you will:
- Morning stand-up with the team via video
- Navigate large existing applications, understand the functionality, and implement new functionality
- Interact regularly with the client’s technical team
- Pair program with fellow team members
- Write efficient and testable code in Java
- Review PRs created by your fellow team members
- Document your code concisely and clearly
- Take part in regular retrospectives to improve the team process
Purepoint is a remote-first software development agency. We help businesses build better bespoke software. Clients range from rising startups to household brand names.
The projects we do are incredibly varied but they share one overarching theme – putting great minds together to build better software. You’ll have the opportunity to help businesses embrace the newest technology and bring better services to market.
If you like the idea of continuously improving, working at Purepoint is a great decision. We provide everything you need to excel at your role and we’ll do our best to keep interruptions and meetings to a minimum.