Penrose Hill is looking for someone with a passion for programming and for contributing back to open source projects. You will join a small team and build systems that have an outsized impact on the wine industry.
Penrose Hill is building the most customer centric wine company. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from vineyards around the globe, our wines have won hundreds of awards, including multiple 95+ point scores, Best in Show and Winery of the Year. Penrose sells through retail, restaurants and direct to the consumer, including via our wine club, Firstleaf, and through our on-demand labeling service, WordyWine, built in partnership with Buzzfeed.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, refactoring and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- 2+ years of experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and third party integration
- Preferably experience with Spree or Solidus