Remote ElasticSearch and AWS System Administration Contractنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر
The science behind public opinion polling hasn’t changed in 50 years, despite the fact that how people form and share their opinions has changed substantially. There is no longer a need to ask people how they feel – our Artificial Intelligence can glean it from online content. We work with cutting edge machine learning and text analytics while disrupting how governments and businesses measure their citizens and customers.
We are looking for an engineer with experience designing, building and deploying ElasticSearch hosted on AWS to come onboard to examine and improve our current integration. Although this is a short-term contract focused on migrating to a more secure implementation, this system is mission-critical and you will have the chance to make a big impact. There is also the possibility of future work to ensure our installation is maintained properly.
This position is remote, but we prefer candidates that have reasonable time-zone overlap with North America.
- Document how ElasticSearch is used in our code base
- Provide recommendations as to how we can improve security and performance
- Update/migrate our ElasticSearch installation to current stable release
- Implement improvements after discussion with the team
Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive experience using ElasticSearch on AWS EC2
- Deep understanding of web security best-practices and how to implement them
- Great communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience with the Ruby and/or R programming languages would be ideal
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle
Does this sound like you?
- You’re self-driven with great time-management skills
- You’re resourceful: you figure out what needs to be done, and you find ways to make it happen
- You have a passion for problem solving. Nothing gets you more excited than a tricky problem or a new challenge
- You enjoy sharing knowledge with and learning from others
We would love to hear more about your experience working with these technologies, and what you think you could bring to this project! We are growing fast right now and hoping to bring on a great candidate.
ASI is set to disrupt the polling industry with its AI focused on public opinion research. The traditional methods for public opinion research entail contacting samples of respondents and asking them questions about a certain topic to understand how the population as a whole feels about these issues. The science behind public opinion polling hasn’t changed in 50 years, despite the fact that how people form and share their opinions has changed substantially. Whereas in the past, people would get their information from 1 or 2 media channels, today with the proliferation of news sites, blogs and other media, sources of information are much more varied. Moreover, people communicate their opinions most openly online, with people in their network. There is no longer a need to ask people how they feel – we are able to glean it from online content. There are 3 main advantages to the ASI technology for POR compared with traditional polling:
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|
|المهارات||ruby,machine learning,aws,elasticsearch,perl,security,analytics,system admin,ec2,engineer,network|