This job ad goes out to all the visionaries who want to find a purpose in what they are doing and take accountability. With Blinkist we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks, key insight summaries of the world’s best nonfiction, help more than 2 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things, each and every day. In 2017, our app received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category.
Why do we need you?
We have 2 Rails apps: Magazine & WebApp. The Magazine is focused on launching meaningful A/B tests and creating great responsive signup flows. The WebApp is focused on providing a great experience for existing users – reader, payments, etc. Both projects require Frontend, so we are looking for someone who will organize them, build a system and drive Frontend at Blinkist. This is where you come in.
As one of our Growth Developers you will:
- Implement and run A/B tests to optimize all of our web pages and funnels
- Work closely with designers and marketers to ideate and define features and tests
- Dig into our data and analyze test results and new opportunities
- Conduct code reviews and participate in regular meetings to ensure quality and alignment
- Create code that follows our motto “The more standards, the better”
To do this, we believe you should have:
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience
- Familiarity with concepts of A/B testing
- Passion for writing clean, elegant, and easily testable code
- A SOLID attitude
What's in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free drinks, fresh fruit, and furious foosball fights, plus the nicest, smartest bunch of coworkers. Add a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work. We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Rails Frontend Engineer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest, apply now and let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job!