Scrapinghub is looking for experienced and senior software engineers to join our Professional Services team to work on web crawler development with Scrapy, our flagship open source project. Are you interested in building web crawlers harnessing the Scrapinghub platform, which powers crawls of over 3 billion pages a month? Do you like working in a company with a strong open source foundation? Scrapinghub helps companies, ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to up and coming early stage startups, turn web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services. Join us in making the world a better place for web crawler developers with our team of top talented engineers working remotely from more than 30 countries. Role Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain Scrapy web crawlers
- Leverage the Scrapinghub platform and our open source projects to perform distributed information extraction, retrieval and data processing
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues with distributed crawling at scale
- Help identify, debug and fix problems with open source projects, including Scrapy
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Solid Python knowledge.
- Scrapy experience a plus.
- Good communication in written and spoken English.
- Availability to work full time.
Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data through use of our open source projects, such as Scrapy web crawling framework.