Position can be based in: Boston, New York, DC, Philadelphia, and Atlanta and various virtual locations on the East Coast.
To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our AWS Academy team.
In this role, you will work closely with the regional Program Manager and will be responsible for providing technical support for our Academy program in the Eastern and Central regions of the United States, with the end goal of incorporating AWS Academy Program into Universities and technical Colleges. You will have excellent technical and communication skills and proven experience in the IT and/or Academic sectors. To be successful in this position, you must be highly motivated, creative and a self-starter who is able to think big, execute flawlessly and stay focused on the details.
- Establish strong relationships with AWS Academy instructors as their primary point of contact to mentor them in delivering our curriculum
- Work with accredited AWS Academy instructors and education bodies to map AWS Academy authorized curriculum to accredited courses.
- Advocate the value of careers in AWS and the value of AWS certifications
- Implement, monitor and manage successful program rollout in conjunction with regional and local teams
- Deliver webinars for AWS Academy instructors to provide course and technology updates
- Ensure AWS Academy accredited instructor candidates have access to the relevant AWS Academy accredited instructor training and support
- Review AWS Academy student feedback and following up on items that need additional action
- Capture and sharing best-practice knowledge across the AWS Academy accredited instructor community
- Review AWS Academy authorized curriculum to help ensure accuracy of learning content
- Develop questions for online knowledge assessments
- Ensure AWS Academy courses are delivered in line with program guidelines and maintaining high quality execution in all levels and areas of program
- Monitor the AWS Academy accredited instructor private forum and ensure questions are responded to within agreed to SLAs
- 3-5 years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners.
- Experience in developing and presenting technical demos
- Knowledge of AWS Technical Curriculum and experience in delivering the content in the classroom
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
- Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required.
- Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages, Java, .Net, Perl, PHP, Ruby or Python.
- Ability to travel about 30% but up to 50% the first year.
- Experience conducting classroom, online training and webinars for related technology products and services.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
- Recent experience architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.