Dekeo, a new venture spun out of an ecommerce company, is creating a global online marketplace for customizable apparel with logos or emblems. As we're in growth mode disrupting highly fragmented $20B market, there's a huge number of challenges to be solved, exciting ideas to pursue, and value to build.
As a key member of our team, you will own the shopping experience from start to finish and play a vital role in helping us reinvent the customization industry. We are looking for a product designer who is relentless—not just about beautiful design, but about creating a frictionless user experience as well. The right candidate will have a genuine passion for ecommerce and should demonstrate savvy with HTML/CSS.
- Define and prototype proposed designs and interactions
- Plan and implement research, design, and customer validation strategies.
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Synthesize insights that lead to delightful experiences through human-centered research and design techniques.
- Ensure we are constantly pushing for more effective solutions and are keeping the user at the center of our experiences.
- Validate solutions by testing prototypes with customers and conducting small-scale live experiments.
You're a good fit if:
- You have the ability to uncover deep customer insights to ensure that the user experience is simple, seamless, sticky, and always enjoyable, using informed human-centered design practices.
- You obsess over typography, color, iconography, balance, and white space.
- You have the uncanny ability to tame complex problems by creating interactions that are elegant in their simplicity.
- You effectively lead design-thinking sessions with product team members, stakeholders and customers to surface good ideas.
- 3+ years of experience in building and shipping ecommerce applications
- Communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision
- Must have URL portfolio with examples of interaction design work
- Experience with front end technologies
- Proven ability to create wireframes and lightweight functional prototypes
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- 2+ years of application design
- 2+ years of visual design
- Bachelor degree in design or a related field
Come join a fast-growing and self-funded company in a flexible working space!