Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have an opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate security technology experts. For three consecutive years, our valued employees around the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe.
Our Carbon Black Defense Sensor team is looking for macOS Software Engineers with experience in macOS internals, computer security and development of enterprise-grade endpoint software systems. Ideal candidates would have intimate knowledge of xcode, Cocoa, and macOS kernel-level coding - including driver work. If you love computer security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then we want you on our team!
What You'll Do
- Independently collaborate with product owners, quality-assurance engineers, support personnel, tech writers and other software developers on your team to produce best-of-breed, enterprise-grade computer-security software for macOS devices
- Plan and take responsibility for multiple features through the complete software development lifecycle
- Contribute to code reviews and give considered, high-quality feedback. Proactively identify potential pitfalls in proposed software designs
- Ensure high customer satisfaction by responding to high-priority issues quickly, debugging challenging issues, and fixing customer bugs
- Mentor other engineers
- Participate in Agile development processes, including actively participating in scrums and understanding general sprint workflow and responsibilities
- Communicate status effectively to team members
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on macOS
- Intimate knowledge of macOS developer tools, environments, and libraries, including xcode and Cocoa
- Experience creating large-scale, enterprise-grade software – including software with multiple concurrently-supported versions (branches)
- Ability to contribute in all areas of the software development process, including software design, new-feature development, and debugging/problem diagnosis
- Comfort working with complex, mission-critical systems containing kernel and driver components
- Working knowledge of Git, SVN, and other large-scale source-code-control systems
- Knowledge of computer-security fundamentals, including common malware vectors and defense-in-depth strategies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies and supporting infrastructure (e.g., Atlassian Jira and Confluence) is a plus. Knowledge of sprints, scrums, user stories, story points, and general workflow relating to Agile/Jira primitives (e.g., boards, swimlanes, user stories, backlogs) is a big plus
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.