Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in timezones between UTC-2 and UTC+7.
Hotjar is looking for a driven and ambitious Platform Engineer to support and expand our cloud-based infrastructure used by thousands of sites around the world. The Hotjar infrastructure currently processes more than 10,000 API requests per second, delivers over a billion pieces of static content every week and hosts databases well into terabyte-size ranges, making this an interesting and challenging opportunity. As Hotjar continues to grow rapidly, we are seeking an engineer who has experience dealing with high traffic cloud based applications and can help Hotjar scale as our traffic multiplies.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast growing remote startup in a key position.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be working within the platform team to create and maintain the building blocks used by all other teams when developing Hotjar. This involves technical exploration, optimization, troubleshooting and internal service creation. The ideal Platform Engineer should be proficient in performance monitoring and troubleshooting, python development and database development.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Exposure to having architected large, high-scale web applications
- Good understanding of Linux, data stores and data modelling
- Experience in API development
- Experience in server management and orchestration
- Ability to critically and quickly evaluate new technology
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party
Hotjar is a rapidly growing startup that is giving thousands of website owners the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their website. We are looking for passionate and ambitious developers who can help us shape the product and company while growing with us.
Culture at Hotjar:
Headquartered on the beautiful island of Malta, in the “heart” of the Mediterranean, Hotjar is a young startup that embraces remote working and personal development.
Hotjar’s culture is driven by transparency, respect, open discussion, collaboration and blunt and direct feedback. In fact, we’re obsessed with communicating with our users as well as within the team. We hate bureaucracy and slow moving organizations – but we’re suckers for well-defined processes. We love lean, iterative improvements and success is measured by the value we create for our users.
- Remote & Flexible. Work from anywhere within a European timezone you choose.
- Ample Time Off. All team members get 40 days of paid planned leave/year...plus 10 sick days/year.
- Collaborate with prestigious organizations. Imagine what it will feels like to be part of a product that is used by companies like Time Inc, Lloyds Bank, Pingdom, Booking.com, Intuit and the Red Cross.
- Only the best hardware and software. Mac, PC or Linux – we will get you equipped with the best hardware and software available.
- Personal home office budget. Every Hotjar team member receives a €4000 home office setup budget, with a yearly €500 top-up thereafter. Upgrade your desk, chair or buy any peripherals you might need.
- Kindle + Personal development budget. Everyone receives a free kindle as well as direct management of their own personal development yearly budget of €500. Buy books, short courses or magazine subscriptions.
- Work with a very talented team. Our team has an impressive background building and optimizing products and businesses around the globe.
- Make a difference. Hotjar is ‘democratizing’ site analytics and feedback by making them affordable and easy to use for everyone around the world. We call it the ‘Hotjar revolution’.