Do you love programming? Do you spend your time thinking about how to make things you've already made better, or get excited when you are able to implement something completely new where the only limitation is your imagination? When you come across a new piece of technology do you automatically think of all the amazing and new things that you will be able to do with it? Tipping Canoe is looking for a PHP Web Developer who wants to work long-term in Winnipeg with awesome people from all over the world in a growing environment. If you are interested in this position, then join our team and experience a wide range of new and exciting challenges!
We are building a complex responsive web application which is used across all our major deal platforms powered by the Pepper infrastructure. Pepper.com is an international partner network which is attentively different to other deal platforms - you won’t find lax offers, only the hottest deals by and for priceconscious users. Around the clock the community seeks and finds the best offers in fashion, electronics, traveling and much more. With 500 million page views, over 25 million users and over 65,000 user submitted deals per month across communities in America, Europe and Asia, Pepper has quickly risen to be the largest community deal platform worldwide!
Our partner network consists of: Hotukdeals.com - UK Mydealz.de - Germany Dealabs.com - France Pepper.pl - Poland Nl.pepper.com - Netherlands Preisjaeger.at - Austria Promodescuentos.com - Mexico Buenosdeals.com - U.S. Desidime.com - India Pepper.co.kr - Korea Pelando.com.br - Brazil Pelando.sg- Singapore
Your responsibilities would include:
- Implement features and fix bugs in our Pepper platform
- Identify and fix performance and maintenance problems
- Ongoing improvement of our backend infrastructure
- Stay current with new web development technologies and best-practices and share them with the team
The qualities we are looking for are:
- At least 3 years working experience as a PHP web developer
- Proponent of progressive enhancement and web standards
- Strong sense for code reuse and maintainability
- Good English language skills • Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, postgresql, etc)
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony 2, Zend 2)
- Experience with Memcache, CouchDB, or Redis
- Knowledge of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience with unit testing and integration tests
Bonus points for:
- TDD (PHPUnit) or BDD (Behat or Codeception)
- AngularJS / Node / SASS / LESS • Composer / Packagist (double bonus points for having a package on packagist)
- Continuous integration (with Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)
Some perks of working for Tipping Canoe are:
- Flexible working hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
- Monthly transit credit
- Be apart of an awesome team of passionate and skilled developers
- Great office space in the heart of the exchange district
- Regular 'hack days’ to learn new technologies and skills
- We also offer a very competitive compensation package
Are you the person we are looking for? We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and your CV online.
Senior Embedded Linux Developer with C/Python -- 100%...