WSM is an established and rapidly growing technical services and solutions company, offering unlimited career potential for talented and motivated developers. We thrive in a casual, open, friendly and collaborative environment. Our work is rewarded with very good pay and an awesome benefits plan including health, term life, short and long term disability, 401k with company match (yeah!), dental, vision and flexible PTO. This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position.
We're looking for a sharp, motivated PHP Developer with good expertise with Magento. You'll create and implement a dynamic range of new web applications, and also maintain and develop a variety of existing applications.
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to develop complex web-based applications
- Maintain existing codebases, to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our customer's business goals and related system interactions
- Work closely with others to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, scheduling and of course, functionality of applications
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of the LAMP architecture and related concepts
- 3-5+ years working experience with PHP
- MySQL knowledge (write and optimize queries)
- Understanding of Linux systems
- Object Oriented PHP
- Test Driven Development
- Must possess strong database architecture and implementation skills with experience in efficient MySQL usage
- Programming logic, good code-writing style and commenting are a must
- Comprehensive understanding of HTML
- Dependable and professional
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently, but also must work well with others
- Ability to recognize tasks that need to be completed and willingness to take responsibility for them
- Frameworks/applications experience desired:
*Prefer Michigan based or Midwestern based candidates.
WSM is a solutions integrator with a core focus on migration and transformation services. WSM pioneered the migration services industry in 2003, and today is the largest specialized migration services provider in the world. Over our decade plus history we have completed more migration projects than all of our competitors- combined.
Our team of business analysts, consultants, architects, data migration engineers and software developers have tens of thousands of hours of experience in planning and executing the migration of servers/workloads, applications, and complex IT infrastructures. As an SI focusing on migration and transformation services, we are not limited to pushing a single tool or solution to accomplish every migration project. WSM's consultants and migration engineers develop a custom detailed project plan for every migration project. Our migration plans may involve one or many different cutting-edge software solutions coupled with industry leading professional services to ensure uptime requirements are met, the migrated applications/workloads are fully tested, secure, and ultimately fully functional at the target environment.
Additionally, WSM's team provides strategic consulting and technical services in the following areas:
- Target Architecture Planning
- Discovery and Dependency Mapping
- Dev/Ops Tool Chain Implementation
- Disaster Recovery
- Security Vulnerability Scanning and Hardening
- Application/Workload Development
- Server Monitoring and Server Workload/Application Maintenance