As PHP Backend Team Lead, you are responsible for leading a team of highly qualified Backend Development experts. You will envision and shape the engineering culture as well as support the team during implementation of new features. Mentoring, coaching and motivating people to deliver excellent quality is one of your main tasks.
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of one of our keystone games
- Be part of the whole feature development lifecycle with a commitment to the focus on quality
- Bring your team to the next level by coaching team members on the job and providing feedback in all directions on a daily basis
- Work closely with our system administrators to keep our game scalable for millions of players
- Make sure that information flows within the team and to other departments
- 5+ years of experience with PHP and knowledge of common frameworks like Symfony or Angular
- Thereof 1+ years in a senior role incl. technical leadership responsibility
- Experience with writing automation test (unit, functional or integration tests)
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented and at the same time focused on the long-term vision
- Well-versed in design patterns and software architecture
- Providing an agile mindset and knowledge of agile frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL) and writing efficient queries that scale with many thousands of users
- Excellent English language skills
Why join us?
- Shape the success story of InnoGames with a great team of driven experts in an international culture
- Competitive compensation and an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results
- Exceptional benefits ranging from flawless relocation support to company gym, smartphone or tablet of your own choice for personal use, roof terrace with BBQ and much more
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a PHP Backend Team Lead? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Silja Bernecker would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames, based in Hamburg, is one of the leading developers and publishers of online games with more than 200 million registered players around the world. Currently, more than 400 people from 30 nations are working in the Hamburg-based headquarters. We have been characterized by dynamic growth ever since the company was founded in 2007. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.