Vox.com is a user’s guide to the news produced by the beat reporters and subject area experts who know it best. We’re looking for an experienced editor to act assign, edit, and manage the copy flow during crucial weekend hours.
The ideal candidate is a generalist at heart with a deep understanding of policy and politics, who does their best work after everyone else goes home.
This is a part-time position with hours from 8am-4pm ET on Saturdays and Sundays.
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least years’ experience editing
- A background in about politics and policy, but also knowledge of and comfort in assigning and editing stories about current events across beats
- An entrepreneurial and independent streak
- Excellent news judgment
- Concise and clever headline writing skills
- A demonstrated ability to bring analysis and sharp angles to daily news stories
- A strong understanding of the fast speed of web journalism and the importance of careful editing.
- The proofreading instincts of a copy editor
- SEO and social media savvy
- Assign and edit daily stories from a dedicated weekend news writer
- Edit and copy edit stories from staff reporters on a variety of beats
To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter, and clips (clips can either be linked from your cover letter, or included as additional pages to your cover letter).
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.