Operations Engineer (Cloud Services)نشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 5 أشهر
Come work within the Technology department at the Wikimedia Foundation! We are administering a public OpenStack cloud (Infrastructure as a Service) with a modern Platform as a Service (Kubernetes) running on it. We are dedicated to supporting developers within and outside of the Wikimedia Foundation. Candidates need to be comfortable sharing ideas, providing guidance, following instructions, mentoring volunteers, and communicating in public and asynchronous ways (mailing lists/forums/irc). Our team works remotely and so can you!
- Perform day-to-day operational tasks on Wikimedia’s Cloud Services infrastructure (deployment, maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting)
- Support volunteer and staff developers using Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) products
- Implement and utilize configuration management and deployment tools (Puppet, Kubernetes)
- Assist in the architectural design of new services and making them operate at scale
- Assist in or lead incident response, diagnosis and followup on system outages or alerts across our stack
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years related work experience; or equivalent work experience; or Master’s degree and 3+ years related work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience with infrastructure support and Linux
- Solid development history with interpreted languages and web stack technologies.
- Experience managing modern distributed container cluster management systems (Primarily Kubernetes but also Docker Swarm, Mesos, …)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Open Source configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, …)
- Experience managing an elastic computing environment (Openstack, Cloudstack, …)
- On-call support and off-hours coverage in a 24x7 environment
- Solid understanding of networking and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Ability and ambition to support staff and volunteer developers inside and outside of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Strong verbal and written proficiency with the English language
- Experience interacting with open source software projects and communities
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with advanced distributed storage and database systems (Swift, Ceph, Cassandra...)
- Low level systems troubleshooting and debugging skills (CPU/memory profiling, C/C++ experience, in-depth Linux knowledge)
- Experience with the use, maintenance and configuration of monitoring, metrics and logging infrastructure (Icinga/Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, Logstash/Kibana, etc.)
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and several other Wikimedia free knowledge sites. Every month, the Wikimedia sites are accessed by more than a billion unique devices. Wikipedia consists of more than 40 million articles across hundreds of languages. Every month, more than 70,000 volunteer editors contribute to Wikipedia. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) non-profit that is funded primarily through donations and grants. It currently employs over 240 staff members.
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|