Trek Bicycles has many interconnected software platforms communicating between various on-premises & cloud data centers and a variety of data sources and formats. This position reports to the director of software development and provides technical leadership in architecturing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining the json web services powering those connections.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available but some travel may be required for this position. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems. Our platform is based on, but not limited to, the Microsoft .NET technology stack including Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS in multiple regions.
The successful .NET Web Service Technical Lead Engineer will:
- Architect, code, create test plans, test, debug, and document web services
- Communicate face-to-face with their peers and customers in a participatory environment
- Configure and maintain continuous deployment to on-prem and cloud systems.
- Ensure architectural, business, coding, design, and quality standards are adhered to by both yourself and your team
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work and your team’s
- Stay current with the latest Microsoft web service technologies, patterns, and tooling
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standup and retrospectives
- Considers web service performance, security, logging, and monitoring a feature
- Be willing to perform typical managerial duties for a team of developers and QA personal, such as performance reviews, one-on-ones, and career counseling.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- Managerial experience not required, but must demonstrate a clear desire and aptitude for a servant leadership position
- Expertise with C#, OOP design patterns, source control and unit testing is required
- Experience authoring horizontally scaled RESTful web services using Web API 2.x or aspnetcore required
- General database knowledge required. Ideal candidate would have experience with both MS SQL and IBM DB2.
- Exceptional business & technical listening, oral, and written skills required
- Azure Load Balancer, Azure PaaS/IaaS, Azure WebApps/Service Fabric or similar cloud deployments (e.g. AWS) recommended
- API documentation experience, such as OpenAPI Specification a plus
- OAuth2 experience is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies is a plus
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!