2017-08-16 00:18:55 True False
Headquarters: Mountain View, CA
Location: We want to hire this person in Eastern Time Zone (remote or in our Toronto office)
Senior Operations Engineer
About the Team
Mozilla’s Services Operations Team is looking for an ambitious Operations Engineer. You'll need solid Linux/UNIX skills and experience with standard web application stacks (LAMPy, Node.js, etc). You'll also need to be able to program with a deep understanding of deployment challenges. You'll be expected to provide hands-on technical engineering of our ever-growing server and application environments across multiple global data centers, and AWS. Most importantly, you'll be an integral part of the team handling the infrastructure responsible for delivering Mozilla’s back-end services (such as Add-ons and Sync) to millions of Firefox users.
As a senior operations engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Maintenance of our core server infrastructure which includes helping to scale our back-end services from tens to hundreds of millions of clients
- Support, tuning, maintenance, and documentation of our operating environment including builds, code deployment, and solving problems
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts, metrics and monitoring tooling, and orchestration recipes
- Work with product engineering to ensure code is production ready
- Collaboration with QA, Security, and Engineering for coordinated code releases
Your Professional Profile
- Have solid scripting knowledge (shell, Python, JS).
- Some development background with Python, JS, or Go highly preferred.
- Configuration management and orchestration experience. Puppet experience is a plus.
- Experience working with a cloud infrastructure. AWS experience a plus.
- Monitoring / metrics experience, including plug-in/check script writing and modification.
- B.S. in Computer Science would be lovely, but real-world experience is preferred.
To apply: Apply to http://grnh.se/6h41ft1
الوظيفة غير نشطة
غير قابل للتطبيق
منذ 6 أشهر
منذ 3 أشهر