Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc., Digital & Technology inspires athletes worldwide to move faster, push harder and pursue their personal best. From personalized training content to access to sport’s top stories, the world of Nike Digital is leveling the playing field like nothing before. This team powers Nike’s entire digital presence, including nike.com and NIKEiD, Nike+ products and mobile applications, digital brand experiences and consumer interactions. Using consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development and social media, Nike Digital disrupts with new and better ways for consumers to connect with products and each other, delivering sport into the future.
As the Technical Architect for the NDe Architecture team, you will elevate the teams responsible for building and evangelizing the future platform for Nike.com. We are seeking a high performing Technical Architect to lead best practices for our Nike mobile applications. In this role, you will be responsible for coaching developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills to deliver innovative and high quality applications.
You’ll lead by example, evangelize our agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a proven architect with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.
What we’re looking for:
- 8 years software development experience
- 2 years acting in an architecture or lead role
- Strong skills building positive customer relationships
- Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices that are aligned with Nike’s architectural principals
- Deep understanding of iOS and Android SDK
- Experienced in designing and developing mobile SDKs and integrating mobile apps with web-services for iOS and Android
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon, Azure, etc.)
- Prior experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Knowledge/Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, or Scala
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area. 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of degree
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
For a list of all of our openings, visit: https://jobs.nike.com/digital
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.