StudyBlue is looking for a naturally gifted, highly motivated professional to join our outstanding design team.
StudyBlue is a well-funded, fast-growing, and exciting educational startup. We’re the leading crowdsourced learning service built to help students succeed in school and beyond. Used by millions of students to learn faster, stress less, study anywhere and get better grades. We work hard, but we treat our hard workers very well. We offer the unique opportunity to have fun and work on amazing projects while reshaping the world of education.
We are passionate about design—in all its forms—we put the highest value on our ability to create experiences that continually delight and engage our users. We approach design solutions with an empathetic, holistic view, discussing ideas around a whiteboard before prototyping and iterating our assumptions. We work tirelessly to solicit feedback from the real people using our products and incorporate those findings into the final release. We embrace best practices but continually aspire to create solutions that take us beyond the obvious.
A talented, hard-working human being who is hungry to do big things. Someone who knows what it’s like to work hard, but also wants to have a life. Your attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities are keen, and you are excited to use them to implement consistent, seamless, cross-platform experiences for students worldwide. You grasp complex product workflows and can wireframe in your sleep. You know the difference between usability and design, but you appreciate both. You don’t want to spend all your time with boxes and arrows because you love UI design just the same. You have years of experience creating great consumers oriented UI’s. You excel at pushing the proverbial envelope while developing new features. You’re confident you can work closely with StudyBlue’s designers and engineers to help create a product that shines.
As product designer for our mobile products you'll move product from concept, to wireframes and workflows, to shipping hi-res comps and production-ready assets. You'll work closely with product managers and engineers to ensure StudyBlue's designs embody and extend user experience and solve student problems.
- Understand complex product requirements and translate them into intuitive user flows and interfaces.
- Work closely with product, engineering and the rest of the team to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges that create amazing experiences for our uses.
- Create inspiring user-centered designs that take into consideration customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Rapidly produce working prototypes to put your designs to the test.
- A continuing commitment to expanding your professional knowledge and staying current with relevant design and technology trends.
Skills and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic arts, human factors or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years design on consumer-friendly interactive experiences.
- Ability to rapidly produce and prototype UX/UI concepts.
- Experience shipping mobile products.
- Communicate effectively through wireframes and mockups.
- Portfolio that clearly expresses your ability to create successful design solutions.
- Passion for improving education and helping students learn.
What We Can Offer You
- The Best Equipment Available
- Flex-Hours & Open Vacation Policy
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee 401k & Stock Options
- Commuter Benefits
- Sabbatical Program
- Wellness Stipend
- Fun Team Activities
To apply for this position, please include your portfolio and/or website along with your resume.