Automattic is a company dedicated to democratizing publishing, and we’re looking for an experienced designer to focus on our native apps serving the fast-growing number of users on mobile devices.As a Mobile Designer at Automattic, you’ll:
- Join a team of mobile designers who craft user experiences in our mobile apps: WordPress, WooCommerce, and Simplenote.
- Collaborate with product designers in other divisions on native interfaces for new features.
- Work closely with mobile developers and project leads to ensure user goals are met.
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant mobile design work that you’re proud to share with us.
- You’ve got a deep understanding of design systems and user-centered design.
- You are familiar with Android’s Material Design and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design.
- You have experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed approach to design.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
We have a growing, design-centric commitment to diversity and inclusion, as exemplified by our recent all-remote event and our flagship site Design.blog.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email telling us about yourself. Include your résumé and a link to a succinct portfolio of your work. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include the following in your email application:
What one single design (that you can share a link to) are you currently most proud of creating?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying and information about our fantastic benefits.