Mid to Senior Level WordPress Developerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر
We are on the hunt for a talented, experienced mid-senior level WordPress Frontend Developer with Agile experience in either Scrum and/or Kanban, on a fixed-term contract basis.
As a frontend developer at LightSpeed you get to deal with all the departments within the agency, learning about each skill as you go. You will deal with a variety of website briefs, which makes every day different from the last. You’ll make sure that our teams deliver successful products or campaigns to our happy clients.
As a frontend developer at LightSpeed you will be expected to know more than just chopping PSD or Sketch design files into CSS / HTML. We expect our frontend developers to be able to build WordPress websites using custom post types, custom taxonomies and build loops with various content types.
Our team work remotely, team members based in Cape Town meet once a week in our Woodstock offices. We do however have team members located too far to come in to the office and they work 100% remotely. Because of working remotely, communication becomes an extremely important skill. We use Asana for project management, Slack for team chats, Harvest for timekeeping and Skype for voice calls - combined, these tools provide us what we need to manage our projects.
The job entails:
- Working on a Mac system, we do not use Windows at all
- Analysing existing client websites with a view to continued improvements
- Building enterprise-level WordPress solutions for clients
- Creating and maintaining WordPress parent & child themes
- Creating requirements, planning documentation and assisting with estimating associate time
- Collaborating with clients and design team to construct amazing user experiences
- Converting PSD and Sketch designs to WordPress templates
- Implementing responsive web design practices
- Planning out your work and breaking down requirements into user stories
- Setting up local WordPress development environment, we use VVV with Vagrant or MAMP Pro
- Validating code and upgrading themes
- Browser testing your own work
- Experience with Adobe CS suite, specifically fairly strong skills in Photoshop usage, followed by Illustrator and Indesign
- Experience with using source control software like Git
- Proven experience with Usability & Interaction Design, producing well thought user journeys and flows, wireframes and storyboards etc.
- Experience in WordPress, WP Multisite BuddyPress, bbPress, WooThemes and WooCommerce.
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, colour and other design principles.
- Strong attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over the quality of the product.
- An ability to quickly develop and iterate designs based on feedback and goals as well as perform under pressure and deliver on deadline.
- Advantageous to have a basic working knowledge of Linux command line.
- Maintain working knowledge of new development software, trends, and practices related to your responsibilities.
- Newsletter template set-up and styling using MailChimp.
- Experience in the online/digital/brand agency environment.
- Experience in dealing with clients and ability to handle client communications if required in your project manager's’ absence.
- Based on site spec identify the list of templates and template parts that will need to be generated.
- Able to write and manipulate WordPress loops.
- Create custom post types and taxonomies.
- Able to create WordPress custom fields and metadata.
- Experience with WordPress child theming - must be familiar with using hooks and filters.
- Responsive and mobile are important part of the job.
- Good self-management and interpersonal skills.
- Advantageous to have worked in Scrum/Kanban organised teams.
- Experience and good understanding of Google Suite and its various extensions.
- Google - must be able to research a problem.
- Should be able to work with a developer in pairs and learn new skills or techniques quickly.
- Passionate about the Web
- Ability and drive to upskill yourself
- Ability to communicate technical problems to non technical people.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and writing
- Strong people skills with the ability to work as a team
- Understanding and appreciation of the need for professionalism
- Ability to work with a variety of clients, and great communication skills
- Hardworking and eager to learn
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative where appropriate
|تفاصيل الوظيفة||متطلبات الوظيفة|
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|