Mid Software Engineer - Haskellنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 4 أشهر
We are looking for someone that loves to find efficient and performant solutions to technical problems, and implement them in Haskell. You will be part of a small team of Haskellers working on Presta, the back-end of our communications platform.
Presta is responsible for maintaining program state over time, sending and receiving text messages, a command line tool for simulating messaging programs and it’s very own informally-specified implementation of half of Common Lisp (really! h/t Greenspun’s 10th rule) known as Lispy.
You will help maintain the existing applications and add new features, to meet the technical needs of the business.
- Have at at least 3 years professional developer experience
- Have been working with Haskell for at least 2 years
- Can do self directed work and work as part of a team
- Are intellectually honest
- Can express technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Are trustworthy and conscientious
- Have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Have an analytical mindset - you form hypotheses and run tests to get answers
It’d be cool if you...
- Have experience with Kafka, stream processing, and/or Scala
- Have worked on a scrum team
- Know Unix well
- Have public examples of projects you’ve completed
- Have published technically relevant articles, blog posts or books
- Pay a competitive salary including equity and health insurance
- Provide a laptop of your choice - we have a mix of Lenovo’s & Macbooks in our dev team, but whatever makes you happy
- Respect your work schedule and habits by focusing on results
- Offer you a chance to go on an exciting ride as the company grows
Attributes of Top Signal Vine Performers
- Respectful and value the contributions of others
- Humble enough to know it’s not all about you
- Anticipates what’s next and prepares
- Insightful to gain a complete understanding
- Intuitive to not always need instructions
- Detail-Oriented knowing the smallest details can be the most important
- Compassionate to not only care for, but try to understand others
Your first few months
To make the onboarding process smooth, and give you a flavor of what you can expect, we have a set of goals & milestones to help get you up to speed @Signal Vine.
By (calendar) day 30
- You will know our application architecture
- You will know our build and deploy process
- You will know our development workflow
- You will have completed tickets in a sprint
- You will learn and use our proprietary scripting language to onboard customers with our customer success team
By day 60
- You will have completed your customer onboarding rotation (6 weeks, 30 work days)
- Your sprint velocity will increase
- You will be contributing to discussions about how to build features during our backlog review & pointing sessions
By day 90
- You will be identifying missing features and issues to work on
- Be able to work independently in the codebase
- Formulating your own ideas about how to best improve Presta to meet business objectives
Signal Vine continues to build an enterprise communications platform that allows organizations to implement behavioral economic programs to affect outcomes. Our platform combines text messaging with data analytics to deliver a highly personalized and interactive experience for our customer's constituents.
We are experiencing rapid growth due to the market adoption of our enterprise mobile messaging platform. Our company’s technology helps solve social issues, and we recognize that the key to our growth and success is hiring great people. The ideal candidate for Signal Vine will be a great teammate that brings creative problem-solving skills to the job while maintaining the dedication and focus required to achieve results.
An important factor in our success so far is our ability to work smarter - that is, we recognize that our employees need to have downtime in order to do their best work. We pride ourselves on our ability to come together to achieve the common goal of growing our business, while allowing our colleagues and teammates to live a healthy and balanced life. We have a powerful vision and have lined up a stellar team of partners, staff and investors in what we expect will be an incredible journey.
|تفاصيل الوظيفة||متطلبات الوظيفة|
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|
|المهارات||back-end,mobile,software engineer,api,scala,haskell,customer success,go,analytics,kafka,engineer|