Destinology is looking for a full-time front-end developer/engineer/maker of things to join us in the exciting and challenging (and sexy) world of luxury travel. You’ll be working with the design manager within IT, a small, focused team with a heavy influence in helping to build the future of luxury travel in a market that is ripe for innovation and disruption. We share ownership in the vision, the stack and how we get things done. We build the tools that not only service our customers but empower our colleagues to help deliver on our ultimate vision of being One Step Ahead
You’re passionate about the web and all things front-end. Excited by latest developments such as Design Systems & new page layout techniques (Flexbox, CSS Grid etc) . You think beyond the breakpoint and are able to help craft seamless experiences no matter the viewport.
You just want to make great things. You’re obsessed with building great user experiences, both for customers and your fellow colleagues. You don’t have to be a designer, but you have an impeccable eye for detail (in both aesthetics & UX).
You are generally offended by poor load-times, fragmented UIs and obtrusive user experiences and are on the forefront to diagnose and help solve these problems. The faster and more elegant your solutions, the better you sleep at night.
You’re not afraid to contribute more than code, you are opinionated about frameworks, tooling and process, constantly looking to improve and automate; Working smarter is part of who you are.
You’re an empathetic, emotionally intelligent human being. We work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
Established in 2004 we have grown from a young, ambitious luxury travel start-up to being bought by the hugely successful Saga PLC in 2014. We are experiencing year on year growth and looking to grow the IT team as we prepare to take ourselves to the next level.
We win a bunch of awards year on year and our customers love us, it’s our dedication to our customers and technology that help’s set us apart from our competition.
Staff welfare is extremely important to us; happy employees means happy customers and this is evident through our long-term staff retention.
You’ll be based in our headquarters, on the outskirts of Bolton, within easy access of the M61 motorway or a 5min walk from the train station, where we have a fun office environment while delivering first class professionalism.
- The ability to work with like-minded, ambitious makers to help redefine the world of luxury travel
- The ability to work in a challenging industry with plenty of room for innovation & disruption.
- Opportunities for personal development (workshops, conferences, courses etc)
- Flexible hours/Work from home opportunities
- 22 days holiday (incrementally rising to 25) plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year)
- Annual bonus scheme which can bolster your salary by up to 10%
- Discounted holidays to our amazing locations
- workplace pension, life assurance, child care vouchers, eyesight test vouchers; concessions and free car parking
- After a term of service, you may get the opportunity to go and experience our products through the customers eyes with educational trips to our luxury resorts & destinations.
- We like to have treats/rewards too, whether its one of our business partners/suppliers arranging for a chef to cook Thai or Caribbean food in our kitchen; or our colleagues providing us with a BBQ lunch, or our Summer and Christmas parties.
- We often celebrate small wins with a round of Carrs pasties (It’s a Bolton thing)
What you’ll need
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of html/css & client-side scripting
- Experience working in an agile, continuous development environment.
- Experience with modern build tools (node, gulp etc)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Sass etc)
- Experience with version control (SVN/Git)
- Experience/knowledge of design patterns & principles
- Excellent problem solving & communication skills
Bonus Points for
- Working with A/B testing frameworks
- Experience working with/for/on large scale ecommerce/travel websites
- Knowledge/Experience with scaling front-end dev ops
If you’re interested in working for our luxury travel company in a market thats as challenging as it is exciting; in a position where you get to have a real impact on how we work and how we can make travel better, hit apply and email your CV along with a covering letter telling us why you are a good fit. We look forward to it.