Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Marketing Web Developer (f/m) you will be driving the user experience, design, and development of the marketing website. Your natural inclination for design and attention to detail will be a core asset to our Marketing Website Team, where you’ll build new features and improve our current code base. Your proactive and get-things-done attitude will make a great addition to our team!
- Conceptualise, design, and develop new marketing pages
- Manage and improve the marketing related repositories and environments
- Lead, organize, and ship development projects from start to finish as an independent developer nucleus within the marketing team
- Collaborate on previously mentioned tasks with our designers, copywriters and marketing managers
- Work with the team to encourage and foster a culture of design thinking
- At least 4+ years of experience in Front End development
- Deep understanding of HTML/CSS and experience working with pre-processing languages such as HAML, SASS, etc.
- Good understanding of Git and common development team workflows
- Experience using static site generators, ideally Middleman, to get projects off the ground
- Advanced knowledge in Ruby is a plus
- You enjoy crafting engaging web experiences and you’re not afraid to communicate and try out your own ideas
- You’re a good communicator and love working in a team
- You speak English fluently
- Join an innovative tech company; our product is made by developers, for developers and we count among our investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- Shape the future: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Work for a cutting-edge technology company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- We offer education budgets complete with extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!