The Interaction Design Foundation (IDF) is the world’s most prestigious community and online course platform for User Experience (UX) designers. We’ve spent the last 15 years building our foundation from scratch – this has been largely based on organic growth, and has only recently been increased through marketing activities. We’re now ready to expand our marketing capabilities in order to grow our community and serve the widest possible design audience.
We are therefore looking for a talented and hard-working Marketing Specialist who wants to join our marketing team and make a direct impact on the growth of our foundation! Your job will be the perfect mix of making money and serving others – a cocktail of altruism and capitalism.
This is a paid full-time (or possibly part-time) position. You’ll be location independent and will therefore be free to work from wherever you want in the world. You will have regular video-based contact with your colleagues and will get to meet them physically on team trips (see below).
If you’re competitive, hungry to develop professionally, and ready to change the future of education – then you have come to the right place!
- You have outstanding communication skills, including in the art of persuasion.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement, targets, and goals.
- You get excited about talking to new people and forming long-term relationships.
- You have a strong social intelligence – and the ability to engage well with different types of people.
- You have exceptional closing skills while still remaining understanding and empathetic.
- You approach marketing in a data-driven way and have experience in gaining such insights in order to create strategies and carry out optimization.
- You are resilient – you have the ability to bounce back when things aren’t going according to plan.
- You have the ability to take an individual’s wants and needs on board in order to answer their questions with logical solutions.
- You are a native English speaker.
About your responsibilities:
You will be working closely with the IDF marketing lead, as well as other members of the social media and member support team. Your responsibilities will be multifaceted and can – to a certain degree – be adapted to your skills and interests.
Some of the responsibilities that lie ahead of you are:
- Forming partnerships with popular blogs, high-profile design organizations and popular UX conferences.
- Supporting our social media team – with a reach of over 2 million people per month.
- Providing support to our member support team – which generates many insights and leads.
- Follow up with companies who approach us and show interest in our company memberships. You will be managing their entire sales process in order to convert leads into members.
- Help us fine-tune and improve the communication with our potential, as well as existing, members.
- Assist with growth-hacking and conversion-centered redesigns of our website.
- Support with the management of paid search and paid social activities by forming new strategies and carrying out optimization
About our work culture:
- We love results, productivity, focus and efficiency. And we believe this is achieved through an approach of “working smarter not harder”, having a love for what we do, and by taking great care of each other.
- We pride ourselves on being friendly, compassionate and supportive; we also encourage a sense of fun in the things we do.
- We value concentration and believe that interruptions, meetings and egos can kill productivity. That’s why work often does not happen at work.
- We believe awesome results are produced when being in flow. That’s why we value location independent work.
- We’re passionate about design and the difference it can make in the world.
- We celebrate each other’s work and consider what we do a labor of love.
- We get inspiration from books like this one and this one.
- Learn more about working with us at http://www.interaction-design.org/careers
About Interaction Design Foundation (IDF):
- We are based in Denmark and have the stated goal of lowering the cost of high-quality design education globally. You can read about us at http://www.interaction-design.org/about
- We reach around 4 million design-interested people every month on social media.
- We help hundreds of thousands of professional designers improve their skills and careers.
- Our educational materials are used in hundreds – if not thousands – of universities around the world.
How to apply:
- Please send an application to Rikke Friis Dam at email@example.com
- Please tell us why you want to put your heart, mind and hard work into this job. And please tell us the 3 productivity tips/methods that work best for you.
Please apply as soon as you can – we’re firm believers that “the sooner, the better”. We’re looking forward to working with you!