RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve challenging problems in the cloud computing space.
The Managed Services team at RightScale is unique and requires a DevOps engineer with a vast range of knowledge as well as a desire to learn the newest technology to resolve problems in cloud computing. Our Managed Services team works very closely with our customers to master their cloud workloads, application stacks and environments. The team leverages multi cloud automation to offer a true and efficient enterprise level support offering. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and should be excited about using cutting edge technology to solve complex issues.
This position can either be based in our Santa Barbara headquarters or work remotely from anywhere in the US.
The job involves:
- Promptly responding to questions and problems within the requirements of the customer’s service level agreement.
- Resolving or escalating customer queries with regards to the RightScale product set.
- Accurately reporting and tracking support tickets through the Zendesk ticketing system.
- On-call pager rotation to provide 24/7 emergency technical support.
- Providing information and shared learning to other members of the team.
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
- Professional documentation of customers environments and support processes.
We are looking for experience with the following:
- A customer-facing technical support role
- Cloud: AWS, Azure or GCE
- Web application support experience, i.e. LAMP
- Linux Systems Administration
- Linux Distributions: CentOS, Ubuntu, SuSE, RHEL
- Basic Windows server troubleshooting
- Database architecture, management, configuration i.e. MySQL
- Scripting – Bash, Ruby
- Networking – TCP/IP
- Backup / Recovery / High availability architecture
- Open Source software installation, configuration, community support, etc.
- Infrastructure design, implementation, and automation
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in downtown Santa Barbara or a remote work option
- A competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options
- Monday lunches, beer on tap, wine in the fridge, and stocked snacks
- Yoga, core workouts, meditation, ultimate frisbee, philanthropy & sustainability groups
- The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers
Sounds good? Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to lead the cloud computing revolution. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.