What is Nasuni?
Nasuni is the new way for enterprises to store, backup, and share files. We built the first global file system based in the cloud, so we scale without the limits of legacy device-based file systems from Dell-EMC and NetApp. Our file services platform enhances cross-site collaboration and accelerates business growth, plus it saves our enterprise customers 60% compared to the cost of separate on-premises NAS, backup, archive, replication, and DR infrastructure.
We are actively seeking an experienced kernel developer to help develop, tune, and maintain the core operating system of its next-generation storage product. Help us build kernel modules, optimize i/o performance, and deliver rock-solid stability, as we advance the bleeding edge of XFS usage. This role can be filled anywhere in the United States, and is open to applicants seeking permanent, full-time employment or 1099 contract employment.
As the Linux Kernel Developer, You Will...
- Debug, resolve, and improve the XFS filesystem, as well as kernel issues in Centos 7 and RHEL distributions
- Track upstream kernel development and develop patches for relevant improvements and fixes
- Optimize and tune for various hardware and virtual environments
- Coordinate work with upstream kernel developers and contribute back to the community
- Improve the quality and performance of our product by leveraging kernel modules and facilities
- 5+ years of kernel development experience
- Proven experience with XFS and FUSE
- Strong understanding of the current Linux kernel internals, with a focus on filesystem and storage subsystem
- Understanding of requirements working in an enterprise environment and with enterprise customers
- Ability to navigate and interact with the Linux open source community, as well as Red Hat’s mailing lists and issue tracking systems
- Experience with RPM, redundant storage systems like RAID, and scripting languages such as Bash and Python are a plus
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Complimentary snacks, coffee, tea, juice, and beer
- Dedicated game space with arcade games, foosball, ping pong, and pool table
- Fully adjustable standing work stations from Humanscale
- Dry cleaning concierge service
- Onsite fitness center